034. ragnarok

› CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR ‹

Whether or not Raleigh was ready for a fight didn't matter, because the moment Bruce flew the ship back towards where the heat signatures had run to, all hell began breaking loose. The Asgardian people were attempting to escape across the Rainbow Bridge and through the Bifrost—at least that was what Valkyrie had explained before she readied her new gun in her Valkyrie outfit. However, they were all stunned when a giant black wolf appeared through the smog, standing and blocking them from the Bifrost. In the other direction, an army of soldiers prevented them from escaping.

Hela's army didn't show up on the heatmap, Raleigh realized, and even though he had questions about that, he and everyone were more concerned about the giant wolf that sprinted towards the crowd. Bruce promptly dived the ship above the wolf while Raleigh peered through the window and Valkyrie blasted the creature with her gun. The gunfire only stopped the wolf momentarily as it merely shook off the bullets.

"This stupid dog won't die!" She screamed after the creature continued their path towards the innocent people.

Bruce shared a look with Raleigh, letting out a deep but silent breath. He put the ship on autopilot and swaggered over to Valkyrie. Raleigh followed curiously.

"Everything's gonna be all right now. I got this." He stated. "You wanted to know who I am?"

Valkyrie raised her brows and stared back at Bruce. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"You'll see!" Bruce yelled just before he jumped, stomach first, out of the ship.

Raleigh's eyes widen and he rushes to Valkyrie's side to see Bruce speeding down to the Rainbow Bridge. Bruce Banner had Hulk to protect him from the fall, but Raleigh also expected for the green giant to make his appearance before he landed on the bridge, so when he belly-flopped against the bridge and bounced in front of the wolf, he couldn't help but grow immensely worried for the famous Earth scientist as an audible gasp echoed inside the ship. Bruce wasn't moving and he worried the man was in danger, but at the same time, he was almost certain Hulk couldn't die. After all, he had seen videos of bullets bouncing off the beast. 

"What the hell did he think he was doing?" Valkyrie muttered to herself.

The wolf lowered their head and sniffed Bruce's still body. Raleigh's fingers curled into his palm, watching and hardly breathing, scared the man was going to be consumed. He would have liked to be eased when the fluffed creature stepped over his body, but he couldn't relax when the monster continued their path towards the Asgardians. 

The men and women screamed and ran towards the army of soldiers, obviously knowing they had a better chance fronting them then the creature that could swallow hundreds of them in one swipe. Raleigh was yearning to do something to stop the wolf, but considering they were the size of a large house and probably weighed more than that he painfully understood that there was no way he could take on that. It would be a suicide mission if he tried.