035. king of asgard

› CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE ‹

Thor was officially the new Ruler of Asgard. It was something Raleigh was excited to see happen since he was a fan of the God and knew he would be a great King to his people, but Thor was hesitant on taking the title, despite knowing he was the last capable family member to take the seat. However, despite his insecurities, Thor was committed to his people and understood they needed strong leadership—now more than ever. There was no other way to go around it.

Raleigh was sitting in an empty room, cleaning up his few injuries, while he waited for the moment Thor would take the throne. As he fixed up the few scrapes on his arms and hands, he was surprised to see nothing else. Of course, his Good Vibes t-shirt was ruined with grime and tears among the thin fabric. Once he had finished cleaning up the blood off his arms, he shoved back on his jacket.

"Are you hurt?"

Raleigh spun around at the deep voice and a smile cracked on his lips upon seeing Loki standing between the doorframe. He never imagined that he would feel such relief and happiness seeing the God of Mischief and Lies again, but after seeing him come back to help save the Asgardians and risking his life to put an end to Hela's reign, he could see that Loki was changing. Raleigh didn't exactly know who he was, but he knew he wasn't the same man that took over New York and he wasn't the same man he met in front of Shady Acres Care Home. Something was different and he could only hope it was for the better.

Realizing he hadn't answered Loki's question, he shook his head and lowered his eyes to the floor. "I'm okay..." He clenched his jaw and cautiously spoke his thoughts to his biological father. "I'm happy you're back."

It was silent and Raleigh feared he had left, so he raised his head back to the long-haired male. His blue eyes met the cool green of his fathers, which studied him, searching for any signs of lies. He couldn't tell if he heard the teenager correctly.

Finally, a small genuine smile appeared. "Me too."

› › › ›

Loki was many things, but a teacher, he was not.

After Raleigh finished cleaning up his injuries, he had sought out Loki for help teaching him new things that he could use in the future. At first, the man was against teaching him anything, but when the boy made a comment about just learning by practicing himself, Loki had quickly changed his mind and agreed. Loki didn't have to say it, but Raleigh knew he was thinking back to the bridge, where he nearly killed himself by trying to pick up his dagger with his power.

He made it obvious to Raleigh before they even began that he didn't know much of anything of his abilities, but he explained that he could teach him a few things that his adoptive mother, Frigga, had taught him when it came to sorcery. That alone made the young boy excited and the only thing he could think he wanted to be able to do when it came to Loki's magic was magically pulling out his daggers. It fascinated Raleigh ever since he saw him do it in Doctor Strange's sanctum.