Chapter Eighteen

(Just wanna point our how she turns eighteen on chapter eighteen hella iconic)

I wake up, and look at the ceiling then smile so widely my skin almost rips, then my eyes water. Today I am eighteen, the point of no return, I am an adult now. I sit up, and go out into the living room in my pajamas and my mom comes over to me, and opens her arms, "My baby's eighteen!"

She squeezes me and starts crying a bit "Where has the time gone?" My dad asks me and I point a little

"I made you breakfast" Ashlyn says, pulling a special plate out of the microwave

"Thank you" I hug her, then sit down and eat the waffles with fruit all over them, with syrup

"When you finish your breakfast, go get ready, and dress a little nice. I have an entire day planned for you!"

I finish up my waffles, then get in the shower. While I'm in there, I'm listening to sleeping with sirens! I have a new respect for the band honestly, now that I have met them. When I get out of the shower, I decide to dry it naturally, then do a full face of makeup, with light pink eyeshadow, and false lashes. Then I go into my room, and put on a white dress, which is like a tube top with the heart too breast shape, but then there's t shirt like straps that are see through, and hold the dress up, which goes an inch above my knees. It's casual, but a little bit dressy, then to even it out, I put on my white  slip on vans, then two pink anklets on the left ankle.

"I'm ready" I walk out into the living room and my mom smiles

"Put this on" she hands me a blind fold and I furrow my eyebrows "It's a surprise"

"Okay" I shrug, then the whole way there I have anxiety, but when we finally get there, she leads me up a step, and takes my blind fold off as I walk into the door. A tattoo parlor!! "Your letting me get a tattoo!?"

"On me" she nods "But the catch is it has to be small and on your ankle so that we can match! Mommy doesn't have a high pain tolerance"

I sketch out really quick a turtle, with patterns in it, and my moms name, with music notes, and different patterns, then she gets a turtle, with my name, and her own unique pattern.

"Okay, so who wants to go first?" The woman asks, while sterilizing the needles

"Do you think we can get them done at the same time?" I ask

"Yeah" she nods "If it's not too busy, I'll go check"

"Are you scared?" My mom asks

"I mean" I have to lie because she can't know I already have a tattoo "Kinda"

"It's gonna hurt" she warns me and I laugh

The woman comes back in with a man, then we venture into a bigger room with more seats. My mom and I sit down, holding hands as we prepare for impact. My mom gasps at the touch, but I only wince a little. "It's not that bad" I say bravely"

"Dammit" She squints, so I squeeze her hand, and she stops

After thirty minutes, it's finished, and beautiful! We leave them uncolored, as my mom wouldn't take the pain, as well as the fact of how nice it looks plane. My mom pays the four hundred dollar fee, then we get back in the car and I thank her a million times. Then she forces me to put back on the blindfold and we keep driving. I'm less scared now, because the first surprise was awesome.

"I can't believe how well you handled that tattoo" my mom laughs

"Yeah" I nod, then scratch my nose

"Hey! Don't take it off" she slaps my hand

"Bro I gotta itch" I say

"I'll itch it" she starts scratching my face