Chapter 11: Losing focus

Little side note, this chapter has some spicy juice over it! Not like a lemon... Unless you want a little bit of lemon in the next chapter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) But yeah, enjoy~ (super long Chapter)

"Ah! Zane, can you get the wipes again please? I forgot to bring them!" Nana exclaimed, holding her nose as she changed Nathan's smelly diaper.

I worn my glasses, typing out a file for work.

"Huh? Oh, Sure." I said, reaching over the bed and grabbing the spare wipes on our night stand, throwing it to Nana.

"Thanks!" She smiled.

"Mhm." I responded back.

She than threw the dirty diaper away and carried our 4 month old child to our bed.

He had already started to crawl a little bit, but me and Nana took no chances.

Nana sat by the bed and leaned on me, Nathan staring widely at my computer screen with his mouth slightly open.

"You look cute with your, 'professional' glasses Zane~" Nana snickered.

I didn't respond.

"Uh, hello? Earth to Zane?" She said, waving her hand in front of me.

"Huh-- oh, hey Nana. What's up?" I said, blinking twice before remaining my focus on her.

"Can't you take a day off of work? Look at Nathan! He's all grown up!" She beamed, holding Nathan-- who was wearing his blue bunny onesie, in front of my face.

I smiled as I lifted him away from her.

"Nana, you know I'm a few months late because you had a baby." I shifted my attention to Nathan, "Why do you dress him up like this? It looks ridiculous--"

"--Ridiculously cute!" She finished the sentence for me, snatching Nathan from me and cooing him with her warm voice.

"Zane, if you continue to do this, you'll miss out on our son's life.." She said, looking at me with puppy eyes.

"Can't we just have another one?" I said blunty.

"I mean.. maybe? If you insist.." She grinned, coming close to me.

"N-Not right now.." I groaned, blushing a little.

"Fine, whatever! But Zane! You have to enjoy the time we still have with Nathan! Pretty soon he'll be off to college before you know it!" She pouted, twirling around with Nathan in her arms who was giggling non-stop.

"Be careful!" I exclaimed nervously.

She than glanced at me, giving me a warm smile before setting Nathan in his cradle and put a couple of toys in.

"Nathan, do you want a snack?" She spoked to him confidently as if he was paying any acknowledge to her.

"Yogurt? Cool!" She exclaimed, running down the stairs.

"...Bah!" He smiled, peaking over his crib.

He tends to like the game, "peek-a-boo" Nana plays with him everyday..

I glanced at him, he was staring at me with golden stars in his eyes.

"Bah!" He giggled, repeatedly jumping up and down excited.

I got up and went towards him, only for him to get more hyper.

"What's up Nathan?" I said to him.