Chapter 23: The Disguised feelings

Trigger warning!! This chapter includes sensitive topics like self harm, depression, etc.

With that being said, enjoy the chapter.

...

Her smile was a great disguise to hide her real feelings. Zane came home finding that one of their knives went missing from their knife holder. As he was about to open his mouth, the girl came downstairs. Unaware that he was home.

He turned his head, "oh. Hey Nan-"

The Mei'fwa quickly snapped her eyes to him and went to lean on wall, hiding something.

He cocked his head, confused. "Did I come home at the wrong time or..?"

She smiled nervously, "Zane! What are you doing home early?"

His suspension turned into frustration.

"Why? Is.. Someone here?" he said narrowing his eyebrows.

"What? No! It's just me alone, but uh.. What are you doing here?" here ears were twitching.

He didn't answer, was she cheating on him? No. He had to stop making suggestions. Nana wouldn't do that to him.

"Where's the-"

Ding.

He looked at her.

The knife appeared by her. Did she have it? Why did she have it?

"Oh shi.." she clenched her eyes shut.

He went to grab it but fooled her. Grabbing her arm.

It stinged.

"Ah! Stop that hurts!" she hissed.

To Zane's eyes, she had cut two slices on her wrist. The blood flowed down her arm like a stream.

He let go, backing up. Not only did she had those, but healed ones too. She's been doing this the whole time without him knowing.

Her eyes locked onto her wrist with tears in her eyes. Not because it hurt, but knowing someone had discover her secret.

"Z-Zane, I-I'm sorry!" she cried, "you weren't suppose to see this!"

"Nana, you know this kills people! What were you thinking!" he panicked.

Who wouldn't. If you found out your girlfriend was dying everyday right under your nose, you would be too.

"I know, I know! B-But I couldn't do- it told me! Zane, I'm sad! I'm not hungry, I'm tired all the time, I have no more energy! I can't keep up with anyone, I'm losing the race!" she yelled as she scratched her healed cuts, making those ones bleed too.

Zane's main focus was to get her to safety. He quickly went to the sink to grab a wet towel, and towards her.

He grabbed her arm and wiped the bleeding.

He looked into her eyes. Her beautiful smile did through off everything but her eyes didn't. They were no longer filled with life and joy like they used to. They were now replaced with tears and depression.

Though wiping the scars didn't stop the bleeding, he pulled her into a hug. Not a soft one, a hug for forgiveness.

If only he knew that she was going through this, he could've stopped it earlier. Talk to her, get some help for her, that way he wouldn't need to look at her dull eyes. That damn blinding smile made everything seem like she was okay.

"I'm so.. so sorry.." He muffled, petting her head. His body was quivering.

He was crying. It wasn't common that Zane cried. He spent most of his life being sour and critical towards friends, but inside Zane was just a teddy bear. He could only take so much before breaking. She hated to see him cry, it pinched her heart every time a tear landed on her back.

She didn't mean to make him cry. It hurts when your the one to make a person you love weep. Yes, she was selfish, only Nana was supposed to cry, not Zane.

He squeezed her, not wanting to let go.

"I'm sorry.." he repeated again, "I should've noticed- I should've gotten you help! Irene, I'm so stupid.."

She hesitantly hugged him back, making his squeezing soften.

Her arms fell numb and she lost her grip. Her legs were the second ones to go, losing support of her standing. She dropped into Zane's arms.

Nana's actions finally had catch up to her.

As she tried to murmured his name, her eyes shut close.

She didn't die, she was just very tried. Her body couldn't handle it anymore. If she didn't get help, they would've completely shut down like they did. She hadn't gotten any sleep this entire week with gene-like bags underneath her eyes.

It was Zane's turn to lift the weight off of her back, she needed a break.

When she wakes up, he'll ask her. He wouldn't pressure her into answering, he just needed the truth to make her feel safe. No more smiles, no more lies. Just the truth.

...

I'm never writing something like that again :/ I put down some of my own suffering in this chapter and now my iPad is glitching like crazy because it's wet with my tears.

REEEEE- I don't wanna talk about this because I'm not one with having serious speeches but this chapter was obviously to teach you guys some lessons. Never ingore someone if they tell you they're sad and stuff. Make them feel better, cheer them up. If you say something otherwise than that, your basically taking the life of a soul you piece of shit (I'll come to your house and shove your $100 ear pods up your ass because your not listening to me). But anyways, thanks for reading me rant, good bye humans.