Chapter 21: "Prom?"

Play the song when the time comes, or don't, it's up to you! (I'll tell you when too) enjoy~

...

Zane laid on his side of bed, scrolling down insta-glam. He heard a creek on the wooden floor and glanced at the person who did it. It was Nana.. with a banner of some type. Probably one of hers shipping shrine..

She walked casually towards him and sat on both of her knees in front of him, catching his attention.

"Yes?" he asked by her sudden strange behavior.

She flipped the poster around, "Zane Ro'mave, would you like to go to prom with me?"

He was silent. Did she say prom?

"What?"

"I'm promposing to you dummy.."

He paused, "wasn't prom like 6 years ago..?"

"Yeah, but what you said before, you never went to it, so I wanted to give you that experience!"

"But were both 24.."

"So? Were still young!"

Zane shook his head, and sat up on the edge of the bed. "Fine. Where are we going?" he asked.

Nana's face sparked with joy. She joined hands with Zane and took him downstairs.

The room was very dark, but had one of those small disco balls that shined in a corner, two or three balloons that had the words 'happy birthday!' but it looked like she crossed out the word 'birthday' and replaced it with 'prom', a bubble displacer, some cupcakes and other snacks, and pop music that played on their tv.

"Ta-da! I put it all together by myself!" she smiled.

The curtains were closed shut, probably because to keep the inside light in or she was probably embarrassed?

Also, almost all of the furniture was moved to the side for the dancing ground. So that was something..

"But wait! We can't do this without proper clothing!" She exclaimed. She than went into the closet and pulled out his tux.

"Wait, didn't I wear that on our wedding day?" Zane asked.

"It was the only good suit you had!"

On the other hand, she had all sorts of dresses. Tight ones, long ones, small ones, puffy ones, everything in the book. But she had chosen a black strapless tight dress.

"I tried to wear my original one I worn on prom but it didn't fit so this one looks identical. The only difference is that this one is black and my other one was pink," she ranted, "but anyways, here's your tux and you can put it on. That way we can get started!"

Zane just nodded, leaving without another word.

...

Nana stuffed her face with those small pretrezels you get in a gift bag. She was waiting for her date to come down the stairs.

And so he did.

He had the usual black tuxedo with the white cloth underneath, and long black pants.

"You look so good!" She squealed.

Zane blushed shaking his head. Even though they were married, he still felt flustered from compliments she would give him. "Erm.. what do we do now?"

She giggled, "we take pictures of course!"

Nana grabbed her phone and pulled herself towards Zane to snap a photo. Zane was always camera shy, so he rolled up his mask and avoided eye contact with it.

She took the following photo and added hastags and hearts on it.

"Great! Now, we feast!"

She grabbed Zane's hand and led him towards the small snack booth.

[Since this part is boring and I have nothing to think about it, I'm gonna skip it and go to the fun part~]

After finishing Nana's final cup cake, a slow song appeared on screen.

Her eyes glistened, "that reminds me, we have to dance after this!" she smiled, bouncing up and down.

"Okay, okay.." he said trying to crack a smile, "shall we?"

They went to the center of the room. Nana placed her right hand behind Zane's left shoulder blade and Zane wrapped his left arm around Nana's lifted arm and placed his other hand around her biceps. They clasped hands and raised each other arms up. It felt so nice to dance with the one you loved.

Together, they found the beat to the song and shifted their weight from one foot to the other, smiling at each other. After awhile, Zane did an surprise turn and pulled her back in.

No dance is completed without an impressive dip. So, they ended the dance session with a small spin then the dip.

They let each other go after that and laughed.

"How'd you like it?" Nana giggled.

"It was actually nice, but what do you do when prom's over?"

Nana smirked evilly, "you make out!"

Zane's face had an major bloodrush.

She kissed him, standing on both of her tippy toes.

"This is the best part~"