UNFINISHED WIPS: "Knock it off, we're just friends!" (AU)

This is an UNFINISHED WIP. It is NOT another chapter. Also, you can continue these wips if you want! Just make sure to credit me :>

...

Zane and Kawaii chan never thought of them as more than friends. Well, they were very close and could get hansy sometimes, like accidentally touching each other hands or hugging a long time. That's what Zane thought.

That's what best friends do, nothing more serious.

"You guys are seriously close, are you sure you two aren't secretly dating or something?" Aphmau eyed Kawaii chan as she squrilled her straw in her freezy.

"Me and Zane are just good friends, Aphmau. I love Zane as a friend." Kawaii chan explained the 30th time, scrolling down her phone.

"Mm, okay." Aphmau murmured, unsasfie by her answer. She perked at Kawaii chan, she was smiling and her face flushed with a pinkish color. Whatever she was looking at, it made her shine with emotions she never seen before.

"Whatchu looking at?" the noisy Aphmau asked.

"Um, you wouldn't like it.."

" Come on! I wanna see!"

"Uh Aph-"

At this time, Aphmau had already jumped from her side of the booth to Kawaii Chan's side, sitting next to her.

To Aphmau's disappointed, it was just Zane.

She looked at Kawaii chan. Her face was already red from embarrassment and she was sweating bullets every second that went by.

"'We're just friends' she says, well I don't think 'friends' stalk their other 'friends," Aphmau teased.

Kawaii chan took a large sip of her freezy, instinctly regretting it.

"Gah! Brain freeze..." she whimpered, rubbing her forehead underneath her bangs.

"Hah, loser." Aphmau insulted. She looked at her phone. 4:50.

Her eyes widen. As she went to gasp she sucked up some of her ice, making her gag.

"Who's the loser now?"

"I'm- cough! - I'm late with my.. My date with Aaron- Ahem, I'll see you soon!" Aphmau managed to choke out, grabbing her bag amd running out the doors. On the way out, she bumped into someone.

As Kawaii chan had nothing else to do, she decided to get ready to go home.

"Kawaii chan," a guy came from the back.

Her ears flickered, realizing who that voice belonged to. It was Zane's.

"Hi Zane," she smiled.

He slid into the booth with her, looking away from her.

"I wanted to ask you something.."

...

This was Zane's first date with the least person you'll expect him to take a interest was Kawaii chan.

He wasn't going to lie, he liked her. He felt liked this ever since the maid café opening. But being the stubborn potato he is, he didn't want to show any weakness to her.

But anyways, he pleaded to his brother for help. Garroth was a ladies man, easily attraching ladies from the left and from the right without any intention to do so. He was always a walking female magnet.

"Alright Zane," Garroth started his tutoring session, "first thing you have to do is show no nervousness! Girls don't like guys who are cowards. Second, be careful of what you said, girls can be easily.."

He trailed off later after saying that, but quickly snapped back into reality after Garroth mentioned something out of his comfort zone.

"You said that this was your first date with someone you actually like? Well.. one thing I know from Kawaii chan is that she can be really romantic with the ones she loves.. I'm not saying nothing is going to go down on the first night, but just always carry one on you, I always do." he handed Zane a Trogan condom.

Zane face turned warmer than before. He pushed it back to Garroth.

"N-Nothing is going to happen! All were going to do is just have fun on the merry-go-round bumper cars, and all the other festive games!" Zane cried, lifting his mask up to his face.

"Hm, okay Zane.. but are you going to wear that mask?"

"What's wrong with it?"

"People don't normally wear masks' on a date. Especially on their first, it's called s good expression."

"You really think Kawaii chan will care?"

"No, she'll probably think my boyfriend is a psycho murderer who wears a mask to hide his identity."

Zane groaned.

"We're not boyfriend and girlfriend.. This is just a test if we like each other or not.."

He let down his mask, but lifted his turtle neck up as far as possibly- which didn't stretch that far.

"Happy now?" he said with a thick exaggerated voice.

"Hm, it's fine. Not the best but not the worst," Garroth replied.

Zane rolled his eyes before catching a glance at the clock in the corner.

He didn't realize how much time he was taking talking to Garroth. He was two minutes late.

"Shoot!" he brushed himself and dipped out of the front door.

"Good luck brother! Remember, be careful!!"

...

Kawaii chan sat on the bench with her legs crossed, anxiously waiting for Zane to show up. She started to think to herself that he had chickened out or somehow joked about the date. They haven't been the perfect fit a few years ago, so it was easy to be confused to find out if Zane was genuinely being serious or being sarcastic time to time. But anyways, her supporters through her phone kept her in the same bench.

"Im so stupid- he's never gunna show up.." she murmured.

"Your not stupid Kawaii chan, everyone is stupid when it comes to freaking feelings! Zane has feelings for you, he wouldn't hurt the one he likes," Aphmau said, "like when Zianna setted us a date, he can be a really nice person once you get to know him."

Katelyn chimed in, "even though I never dated Zane before, I hope he's a good fit to you."

"I think I'm going to head home, I'm getting awkward sitting alone..'

As she got up to start walking back, she bumped into Zane with his piercing blue eyes, dropping her phone.

"Oh! Zane! I-I wasn't expecting you to come," she smiled, the feeling of relief flushing over her, "you have idea how I was feeling."

Zane bent down to pick up her phone, "sorry, Garroth got me side tracked."

He blushed, "you look.. Nice tonight."

"Thanks! I.. I think you look faltering too."

It was a awkward silent.

"Kawaii chan? Hellooooo??" her phone vibrated.

"Oh- shoot. Aphmau, Katelyn, I have to go, talk to you later!" she hanged up.

Zane shook his head, than casually reading his palms. Compliment her, check.

"How about we get going? Standing out here doesn't seem fun."

"Oh! Sure, let's go!"

...

"It's just a date." Kawaii chan thought to herself, zoning out of Zane's Conversation. "Just act like we are two friends hanging out."