Chapter 24 (Final Part 1): The new kid in the house

Switching back to daddy Zane ;)

...

The newborn baby cried. Maybe it was the temperature? Or was he hungry? Or maybe he needed his diaper changed? Neither way, Zane just couldn't help himself but to heed his commands.

When the child started crying, Zane would quickly sprit out of bed to check on what was happening. Nana knew he was always so protective, but he just took it too far. Maybe it was he was giving a lot of attention to the baby in the house, but still, she was still his baby too.

When the Nathan started to whine, Zane groaned. Getting ready to manage a small devil, he sat up, but nana wrapped her arms between him.

"Just let it cry.. He'll calm down eventually.." she pouted.

"But.."

"Please Zane, just go back to sleep.."

Zane replied with a deep sigh and then later agreed to laying back down. But after 3 minutes of the baby restlessly crying, he couldn't help himself but jolt out of bed and rush into Nathan's room.

Nana groaned, slightly annoyed. She slid off the bed as well.

There in the baby room, Zane holded the small troublemaker in his arms, rocking him back and forth for awhile. This could take up for an hour.

She looked at the alarm clock.

4:38 am. Way too early to be getting up.

She shaked her head.

"Shhh..." he cooed.

"Here, let me try.."

Zane returned the baby to her.

She blushed, "um.. Do you mind?"

"Oh-! Uh, sure."

She was too tried to lump her way downstairs and make a warm bottle, she had no choice but to go the natural way.

"I'm going back to bed.." she said, tiredly cradling the baby underneath her shirt.

On the bed, she crawled up into a ball, making sure she wasn't squeezing Nathan. She yawned, watching the tried Zane fall into bed too.

"You know, I was thinking..." Zane started.

"Uh-Huh.."

"What if we had another one?"

"Goodnight Zane." she replied with a smile.

Even though he was joking, it kept running in her mind. What if they had another one? She could see Nathan pushing a stroller with a tiny baby girl inside. She closed her eyes. Either way, Zane would always be there to help her. But that was just too straight forward, looking after one fussy baby was enough for her and him right now.

...

Sorry for a small chapter :') didn't know how to continue it and got bored of thinking ways to do it .-. Anyways, this is part 1 of the final, ill make sure part 2 and 3 are long enough! Bye~