Chapter Two

"What happened to it?" said Peter.

I wandered over to a large ruin and crouched beside it, Edmund was opposite me. "Catapult." He and I said together. It was obvious my the marking in the rock as if it had been blasted apart.

"What?" Susan asked.

"Lexi, how did you know?" Edmund questioned.

I frowned and brushed my hand over the stone, "I'm not sure." I read a lot, maybe that's how.

"Where is everyone? If we can find a Narnian we can get some answers!" Lucy said softly.

__

We found a hidden doorway which concealed the four King's and Queen's weapons and armoury.

"Have you ever used one of these before?" Edmund asked, swinging his sword around.

I laughed, "In London? No. I haven't gotten around to it yet."

Edmund grinned and pulled a sword off the wall, it was the shiniest out of the others hanging around it. He passed it to me and held his sword out.

"Now?"

He smiled and nodded. "I'll teach you."

My stomach fluttered. Wait what?

I held my sword out like his. Edmund stepped forwards and swung his at me. I blocked it with mine, my eyes closed. The clanging of the metal was slightly satisfying. I peaked through my eyelashes and lunged forwards at Edmund with my sword, he defended and attacked. We went back forth, the metal colliding with sharp sounds.

"You're really good for a beginner!" Peter complimented.

"Really? To be honest I feel as if I'm just carelessly swinging my sword and Edmund is being nice."

"Peter! Edmund!" Susan rushed in, her bow and arrow at the ready. "Come." She breathed.

We ran out of the chamber and followed her down the other side of the hill towards a lake. I noticed that the four were already in new outfits, I was still in my tight uniform. On the lake, there was a small boat with two soldiers aboard, looking as if they were holding a little boy.

"Drop him!" Susan yelled. The soldiers grinned and I knew Susan had chosen the wrong words. The boy was thrown overboard. Susan shot her arrow and Peter and Edmund ran down and Peter dove into the lake. Lucy and I stood, in shock at what was happening. One of the men was shot while the other swam away.

Peter emerged from the water with the small figure. He had a long, ginger beard and his mouth and hands were taped. He was a dwarf? What kind of land is this?

"Drop him?!" The dwarf demanded after ripping the tape off his mouth.

"Sorry for saving your life!" Edmund scowled, pulling in the row boat.

The dwarf rolled his eyes but then laid them on Peter's sword.

He glanced up at Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy. "You've got to be kidding me. You're it? The Kings and Queens of Old?"

"I'm King Peter, the Magnificent." Peter stepped forwards and held out a hand.

"You probably could have left of that last bit." Lucy giggled.

___

"So who's the spare?" I overheard the dwarf ask as I was changing into some medieval age outfit. It was a long, silk dress, one of Susan's that she lent me.

"We don't know. Well we know who she is, Alexis Knight, but we accidentally brought her with us." I heard Peter answer.

After pulling on the dress, I braided my long, red hair and smoothed down the bumps I missed.

"The Narnians won't like that." The dwarf said.

"Well they will have to." Edmund defended. I felt my cheeks heat up, but I forced myself to push down the feeling of butterflies in my stomach. I couldn't afford to crush on a king.
___

We set up camp in the woods and slept around the fire. The sun was slowly rising in the horizon. I had woken up early and could still here the quiet snores from the others.

There was a rustle of leaves behind me and I sat up. The sword I had fought Edmund with earlier, was in its sheath beside me. Not much use if I could barely use it though.

I stood up and held it foolishly in front of me. It was probably just a rabbit in the shrubs.

"Lexi." Lucy's small voice startled me.

"Did you hear it too?" I whispered and she nodded. We walked into the trees and Lucy spoke again.

"I was having a dream about Aslan and then I heard it."

"This Aslan you all talk about? Is he a king or something?"

Lucy grinned. "He's a lion! The marvellous ruler in all of Narnia!"

"A lion? Who talks?" I breathed, astounded.

"Most Narnian animals talk here!" She exclaimed and then stopped dead in her tracks. What looked to be a walking bull, stood no more than ten feet away.

Lucy was about to jump forwards when a hand reached out and covered her mouth. She and I both jumped. Peter stood with a finger to his lips. He released Lucy and quietly took out his sword.

-----------------
Second chapter up. Don't forget to comment and vote, if you like it maybe share it to your friends ;) ;)

I'll update again soon !

Thanks,
H x