Chapter Eight

Peter thankfully didn't tell Edmund nor Caspian. I could deal with them later, but the more people who knew would increase the chance of Miraz finding out. He broke his promise too anyway, his army were due to cross the bridge as soon as it was finished.

Edmund and I were on short, sharp talking terms. The words exchanged were, "Morning. Night. Pass the salt, please." Anything else said was only necessary information that needed to be passed onto each other.

Susan was still unsure about me though. She had her suspicions and kept a distance from me unless absolutely necessary.

Caspian was another issue. Each kiss was more lustful than the last and I was getting worried about how much longer it would be until he asked for more. Caspian was a gentleman but he was also a young man looking for adventure.

"Do you think you and Caspian will get married one day?" Lucy asked, brushing my red hair which had grown longer since I had first arrived.

I spluttered. "Oh Lu, I'm too young to think of such a thing."

"Ok." She giggled and began adding flowers to my hair.

"Alexis!" Peter burst into the room.

Lucy and I jumped up.

"They've finished the bridge. It's only a matter of days until the reach us."

"They're coming?" Lucy gasped.

"Don't worry Lu, we'll keep you safe."

"I'm not worried about that! I just don't want anyone to die."

"Alexis, quick." Peter pulled me into the room with the stone table.

___

After a short meeting on what we were to do, I ran to the make shift stables through one of the tunnels. The horse I had been riding during my time in Narnia, Marvel, neighed loudly on my arrival. I didn't bother to saddle him up.

"Come on boy." I clicked my tongue and quietly led him outside.

I climbed onto a rock and then vaulted into Marvel. Miraz would not get away with this.

___

"Princess Alexis. A pleasure always." Miraz snarled.

I had forced my way into his tent by the river, my sword drawn. "What happened to our deal?" I spat.

"It was no longer valid after you broke it. You told little Peter Pevensie of your mission. That is an offence."

"How do you know? And you broke it first!" I growled.

"I have ears and eyes everywhere and as I recall, I none of my men had crossed the river yet."

"I will do anything if you just leave the Narnians alone!"

Miraz laughed loudly, and so did his advisor beside him. "Ah, but you see, I can't trust you anymore, Princess." He nodded his head and the next second I felt cold metal wrap around my wrists and pulled behind my back.

"I won't kill you yet, instead I will let you sit and suffer by watching each of your friends die."

"No!" I spat, struggling against the chains and the soldier behind me.

"It's you're own fault, Alexis. Goodbye." He fluttered his fingers in an attempt of a wave and I was dragged out of the tent.

"Come on beau'iful." A voice growled in my ear.

"Let me go!" I ordered, kicking my legs at him.

"I suggest you behave, Princess. Don't you know the things I can do to you if you're naughty." The man's threat sent shivers and disgust up my spine.