Chapter Nine

Double update! X
-------

Edmund walked forwards, his expression didn't change when he saw me bleeding and crying on the ground. He stopped beside me but did not acknowledge me and pulled out a scroll. Did he really hate me that much?

"What's this?" Miraz demanded.

"A challenge from High King Peter." Edmund answered and read it out. If I could just reach out and touch him, just to know if he was real. I flexed my fingers, trying to reach his leg. He however took another step forwards before I had the chance.

___

"King Edmund." Miraz taunted just before Edmund left.

Edmund nodded.

"Did you not see her lying on the ground before you? Are you just going to leave your friend, your ally, your love, bleeding on the ground, at my hands?" Miraz chuckled.

Ed still did not make eye contact. I must have hurt him real bad. What he said next crushed, shredded and shattered my heart.

"She is none of those." And with that he walked off.

I did not cry. I did not scream. But I welcomed the pain. The next few whips were merely tickles compared to what Edmund had just done.

"You broke his little heart." Miraz chuckled while he chained be back to the tree.

I ignored him and gazed into the darkness behind him. My wounds were bleeding but I barely felt them anymore. I was weak and finished. Thankfully I had not given anything away.

"So he left you." Miraz laughed and walked off.

I regretted everything. Taking up Miraz's deal, lying to Caspian, kissing Caspian, kissing Ed, and most of all I regretted coming to Narnia.

___

The leaves rustling woke me up. It was dark and everyone around us had gone to sleep.

"Who is there?" I whispered, mustering a strong voice.

There was no reply. Instead I heard a click of the chains and my arms fell to the ground.

"Your gracious." Reepicheep's voice sounded from the ground.

I pulled the shackles off my aching wrists and grinned. I had never been more happy to see the mouse. However the moment I stood up, I almost fell back down again.

"What is wrong?" Reep gasped.

"It's nothing. I'm just slightly wounded." Slightly was an understatement. "What are you doing here, Reep?"

"Rescuing you of course. Quick follow me, we have a horse ready for you."

"Thank you."

On the outskirts of the camp, Marvel was being held by one of the centaurs. I mounted quickly and tried to brush off the pain. Reep jumped into Marvel's rump. "Onwards mighty stead!" He called.

The centaur, whose name I wasn't sure of, and I galloped away.

"The Kings and Queens and Narnians have been so worried!" Reep explained climbing to Marvel's neck and holding onto the mane.

"Yeah." I replied quietly and rolled my eyes. Edmund seemed so worried.

We reached the tomb and I dismounted hurriedly. Caspian was pacing at the entrance and cried out when he saw me.

"Please don't touch me." I winced as he got closer. I couldn't bare the physical and emotional pain that would bring me.

He nodded understandingly. As we walked into the tomb, Peter, Susan and Lucy jumped from the stone table and rushed forwards.