Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Lexi, you look stunning!"

I adjust the clip in my hair and spun around. "Lilliandil! You look beautiful! Caspian did gooood." Lilliandil stood before me, her hair was braided into a curly bun and she had little star clips holding it together. Her white dress with lacy above her chest and around her back and shoulders. The dress was embroidered with sequences down to the feet.

She blushed with a small laugh.

"May I do something?" I asked stepping forwards.

"Sure, anything but ruining the dress."

"Of course I wouldn't." I laughed and stepped forwards. "In my world, we have this saying, well tradition for weddings. Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue and a silver sixpence in her shoe."

"What in the name of Aslan is a sixpence?" Lilliandil giggled.

I grinned. "It's a coin." I reached over to my drawer and pulled out the six pence which was now turning a bronze colour. I reached down and placed it in her left shoe.

"Where did you get it?" She asked.

"I had some in my pocket the day I came to Narnia with..." I trailed off. "Them." I coughed, averting my gaze to the ground and batting my eyelashes quickly to avoid tears.

Lilliandil patted my arm soothingly, understanding who I meant.

"Thanks. You can have it." I smiled gratefully.

"Really?"

I nodded.

"Thanks. What comes next?"

"Do you have something old?" I asked.

"Well I think this is old." Lilliandil pointed to her necklace. "I was given it when I became a star."

I looked closer. A rock was attached to the chain around her neck.

"Moon rock. It's not much here, but up in the night sky it's beautiful!" She exclaimed.

"Wow! We never had anything like that in England. That's perfect though..very old."

Lilli smiled and nodded.

"Something new is your dress." I continued. "Something borrowed...here." I walked to my wardrobe and reached to the top shelf, pulling down a tiara that I only use for slightly formal occasions. It's better than lugging a big old crown on my head for the night. "You can borrow this for today."

"It's beautiful." Lilli gasped as I placed it on her head. She gazed in awestruck at her reflection in the mirror.

"It was Caspian's mother's, he gave it to me ages ago, I guess I should probably give it to you though, you are his wife." I chuckled.

Lilliandil shook her head hurriedly. "No, no of course not! He gave it to you, you're his best friend. Keep it." She was about to pull it out of her hair but I stopped her.

"Ok, but borrow it for today, because if you take it out now you will ruin your hair!" I laughed.

Lilliandil grinned.

"Ok, lastly we need something blue."

"Already have something!" Lilli exclaimed and showed me her ring finger. Her engagement ring was silver and held a bright, topaz crystal.

"Perfect."

---

Fifteen Years Later

"It's a boy." The midwife announced to Lilliandil.