Chapter Six

"She's coming around. Go get Prince Caspian." A female voice barked.

I opened my eyes to see a female fawn standing over me, wiping a wet cloth over my forehead.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

I lowered my hand to my side. It no longer hurt. I pulled up my shirt. The wound was no longer there.

"Queen Lucy gave you some of her healing cordial." The fawn explained.

"Thank her for me? Please."

The door burst open and Caspian ran in. He stopped at my bed and knelt down. The fawn and centaur in the room stood up and left with a bow. "For a moment I thought we were going to lose you." Caspian breathed, pulling me in for a hug. He jumped and then broke away. "Sorry, I keep forgetting that you don't remember me." He dropped his chin to his chest.

I smiled slightly and brushed my hand under his chin and lifted his gaze to mine. "I remember." I sighed.

His eyes lit up and he grinned. "Really?" His thick accent in his voice.

I nodded.

He pulled me close and hugged me tight. "I am so so sorry." He cried in my shoulder.

"I am. I should have done what I did. I felt like I had no escape."

"It's my fault that you felt you needed an escape." Caspian ran a hand through my tangled hair.

"No. The thought of settling down and having children and becoming Queen and leading people was daunting. We're both so young with a life ahead of us. We rushed into it." I caressed his cheek with the back of my hand.

"I love you." He whispered pulling away from our embrace.

Another part of my heart chipped.

"I -love you too." I struggled to say. I did love him, but what I was doing wasn't right. I don't think I loved him in the same way, and thought of hurting him again was excruciating.

He ran a thumb across my lips. "Can I kiss you, my Princess?" He requested.

I nodded and closed my eyes. Just think. If you weren't doing this they'd all be dead. My subconscious reminded me.

Caspian paused, centimetres from my face. "I've been wanting to do this again for so long." He placed a hand under my hair and brought my lips to his. Unlike Edmund, Caspian's kiss was full of lust and hunger. Edmund's were sweet and soft, which I think I preferred.

I have to do this. I reminded myself again. I wrapped my arms around Caspian's neck and he lifted me onto his hips. Our tongues entwined and Caspian moaned.

"I love you." I whispered. Running my hands through his soft hair.

He pressed me up against a wall. "I love you too."

A clanging of metal broke us apart. Edmund was standing at the entrance, a plate of food at his feet and a hurt expression covering his face. "I see you're better Alexis." He growled.

"Edmund..I-"

"Save it." He snapped and stormed off.

I untangled myself from Caspian who was scratching his nose awkwardly.

"I'm sorry." He apologised again.

"It's not your fault. I have to go." I kissed his lips again quickly and ran after Ed. I used to love kissing Caspian, but over time, that love faded and I could no longer see myself with him. We used to dream of sailing and adventuring the seas together, but again, I stopped when I found myself forcing to love him.

"Edmund!" I called anxiously, running down tunnels. "Edmund, have you seen him?" I asked Peter, after running straight into his chest.

"No." He answered bluntly. Of course he had. That explains the bluntness.

I searched all of the tomb and finally decided to look outside. Footsteps in the muddy clearing indicated his path. It lead towards the woods and to the stream. I sighed and walked through the last set of trees to the water.

The rain was starting to pick up.

"Edmund!" I screamed. No answer. The river's water was rising. He would be stupid enough, would he?

I waded into the cold water and took a deep breath. I ducked under and wasn't surprised to see Edmund at the bottom, holding onto the root, a hard frown on his face. He hadn't noticed me yet. I swam into his view and his frown turned into a glare.

I pointed to the surface, indicating that I wanted to talk. Edmund rolled his eyes and kicked to the surface. The water was no longer at my waist, but at my chest.

"What?" Edmund spat.

"I want to talk to you!"

"Then talk." He growled.

"I'm sorry-"

"-if you came to apologise...leave now. I don't want it. I just want an explanation!" Edmund climbed out of the water and stood under a tree.

I followed.

"Edmund, I-" I had to be careful on what to say. I couldn't risk Miraz overhearing. "I didn't want you to see that."

"I wish I hadn't of. Did our kiss mean nothing, Lexi?" He demanded.

"Of course it did!"

"Then why? You wouldn't talk to me! You wouldn't listen to me! You wouldn't look at me! And then I find you snogging him!"

"We were engaged! I loved him, Edmund! I remembered!" I had to break his heart too.

Edmund sighed and shook his wet hair. "I feel as if you used me until you remembered."

"Of course I didn't. Don't think things like that!"

"I really really liked you Alexis." He lowered his voice to a quiet tone.

"I-"

"Tell me the truth, please. That's all I ask for. Did that kiss mean anything to you."

Of course it did. It made my stomach erupt into butterflies, me feel lightheaded, it made me extremely happy. I wanted to say that. But for his life I had to lie. "No."

Edmund nodded and spun around. He stormed off.

"Ed. Ed! Please!" I fell to my knees and let tears fall down my face. The rain soaked my hair and skin but the cold temperature didn't bother me. I wished I could go back to London and not remember anything. I was living a normal life, there were no centaurs, minotaurs, fawns, dwarves and certainly no Caspians.

"Well done." A figure emerged from the trees clapping. It was Miraz.

"Go away." I ordered.

He laughed. "I'm checking that you've kept your word."

"I have. Now, if you would please excuse me." I marched away.

"Remember Alexis. One step out of line and I kill them all."

I gulped and nodded before walking into the clearing of thick mud and buckets of rain.

------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6! Comment your thoughts (and vote ...if you like :] )

I'll update soon!! :D