Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Sorry!"

"Rilian, if you're going to trip your opponent over, don't apologise afterwards." I chuckled, standing up and massaging my back.

"Sorry." Rilian laughed again.

I looked at him.

"No wait! Not sorry. Sorry. Ugh." He groaned, running a hand through his shoulder length hair. A habit he had caught from his father.

I shook my head with a grin on my face. "I think that practice is finished today."

"Aw come on Aunt Lesi, don't tell me you're tired." Rilian teased, raising his sword.

"No...I just need to catch my breath." I retorted.

"She's getting old!" Caspian yelled from the balcony.

"Says he who has grey hairs!" I shouted back.

"Just because I'm gonna live long-"

"Ok, you're both old! I'm only nine, so I believe I'm going to live longer." Rilian cut in.

I shoved him playfully and drew my sword again. "Go!" In two seconds I disarmed him.

"Hey, no fair, I wasn't ready."

"You always have to be ready." I answered.

"She's right!" Caspian called.

"Do you mind? I believe you asked me to train your son in fighting!"

Caspian threw is hands up and sat down again with a chuckle.

---
"Aunt Lesi!" Rilian greeted as I entered the library.

"Hey kiddo. Happy Birthday." I ruffled Rilian's hair and handed him his present. He was sixteen today and deserved a new bow and arrow of his own.

"Thanks Aunt Lesi." He gave me a hug and sat down to open it.

Caspian and Lilliandil stood up to greet me. "Alex!" Caspian grinned and swooped me into a hug.

"Caspy!" I teased, hugging him tight. I hadn't seen any of them in a year. I had decided I needed a much deserved break from everything and sailed west on a slightly smaller ship than the Dawn Treader. I wanted to do it before I got any older. I took a few of the crewmen, including Drinian, and we discovered new, uninhabited islands. Perfect for gathering supplies from and setting up more Narnian civilisations.

"How are you, Lexi?" Lilli greeted, hugging me after Caspian.

"Well thanks and you?"

"Wow! A bow an arrow! Thanks!" Rilian exclaimed, jumping up and tackling me in a hug.

"No problem, Rilian." I chuckled.

"Can we go and practise now?" He pleaded.

"You're going to be here for a week, right?" Lilliandil asked.

"Or two, I'm not really sure." I shrugged.

"See, you have a lot of time to practice. Right now, we should head down to dinner." Lilli advised.

"Fine." Rilian answered with a frown.

"What about tomorrow morning?" I suggested.

"My mum and I are going on a picnic." Rilian said, as we followed Caspian and Lilli to the Great Hall.

"Ok, well after we can kick ass." I highfived Rilian.

"Yeah kick-"

"Rilian!" Caspian scolded.