Chapter Nineteen

Once we were aboard the Dawn Treader, and our stores had been restock, her sail was let down once more and we left the island.

"Well that was an adventure!" Caspian sighed, sitting on one of the steps next to me.

I nodded and took a bite of the apple I was holding. "It could have ended badly of Drinian and the men hadn't arrived."

"I wonder what lies ahead." Caspian lent back on his elbows.

"Hopefully endless islands of rainbows and unicorns."

Caspian snorted. "That's not your cup of tea, Alex. I know."

I grinned, he was right. I would rather be using my sword than be prancing around with all the free time in the world.

---

"You and Caspian have grown close." Edmund pointed out later that night, as we lay on the deck watching the stars.

"Yeah, we have. We enjoy each other's company." I agreed, snuggling closer to him to keep warm. Edmund had an arm around my shoulder and was softly tracing random lines on my bare arm.

"I'm happy to be back." Edmund whispered against my neck.

I blushed and turned my head. Our lips were only inches apart. "I happy you're back."

He closed the gap between us, resting his familiar lips against mine. We stayed like this for a few minutes, I ran my fingers down his strong, muscular chest as he snaked his arm around my waist.

"I love you." I mumbled, pulling back and gazing into his eyes.

"And I love you."

---

That night I dreamt of the cold, lifeless Edmund, but unlike the previous dream where Lucy was taunting me, I stood over Edmund, my sword dripping with blood. Edmund's blood.

"What have I done?" I cried, attempting to release the sword from my hands, but I couldn't let go. I swung it around trying to throw it across the room, but instead it stabbed right through someone's chest.

"Lucy!" I gasped, pulling it out. "No! I'm sorry!" I screamed.

She collapsed to the ground, blood pouring out of her chest.

"You're a murderer!" Caspian's voice echoed around the room. "I trusted you!"

"Caspian!" I pleaded. "No I didn't mean to!"

"You killed my best friends. How could you?"

"Caspian! N-"

"Alexis!"

My eyes snapped open and refocused. It was just another dream.

"Edmund." I sighed, reaching up and touching his cheek. I quickly withdrew my hand as his cheek was cold. Like in my dream. But he wasn't pale, or bleeding. He was standing beside the bed, a lantern in his hand.

"Sorry. It's cold outside. What happened?"

"Bad dream." I murmured, sitting up and resting my back against the wall.

"You were screaming, I thought you were being attacked!"

"Sorry." I avoided Edmund's gaze.

"Did you want to...talk about it?" Edmund suggested. I quickly shook my head, I didn't want to think about any nightmares which had occurred every night in the past two weeks.

Ed brushed my hair out of my face and kissed my forehead. "I'm just down the hall if you need me." He turned to leave but I grabbed his hand.

"Stay?"

He nodded and blew the lantern out, surrounding us in darkness. I moved over, allowing room for him to climb in. I snuggled under the blankets and Edmund wrapped his arms around me.

"I will always protect you." He whispered against my neck, sending shivers up my spine.

---
I woke up to an empty bed. For a week now Edmund had sneaked into my room for the night, with him there my dreams were peaceful.

I quickly dressed in my usual 'male clothes' as Caspian teased, and made my hair look presentable.

"Good Morning, your Majesty." Reepicheep greeted as I walked onto the deck.

"Hello Reep!" I grinned at the mouse.

"How is your Majesty, on this fine, new day?"

"Wonderful, and yourself?"

"Never better. If you would excuse me, your gracious."

"Honestly Reep, you can just call me Lexi, like everyone else." But the mouse had already scurried off towards...the store room?

My questions were answered no more than a minute later when there was a cry and Eustace ran out from the storeroom. "I don't know what you're talking about!"

Reep sliced Eustace's shirt. "That is for lying. That is for stealing. And this, is for good measure!" Reepicheep had pulled an orange from Eustace's shirt and slapped him across the head with it.

I chuckled, at least someone was putting Eustace back into place. Suddenly Eustace looked down at the kitchen knife in his hand and swung it at Reep who dodged.

"Ah! Now we're talking! Catch!" He threw the orange to Drinian who caught it with ease. The mouse and the boy fought along the deck, Eustace wasn't actually half bad.

"It's a dance boy! There we go!"

Eustace took a swing at Reep who fell backwards off of the ship. I snickered, of course he wouldn't fall, this was all a prank.

Caspian stood beside me, "Wait for it..."

I smiled and watched intently.

Reepicheep appeared behind Eustace and tapped him on the shoulder. Eustace looked over and was immediately pushed by Reep, falling onto a pile of rigging. There was a small squeal, it didn't sound like Eustace's though.

I followed Lucy over to the source of the squeal. Before we reached it, a small girl climbed out.

"Gael?" The man from Narrowhaven stepped towards the little girl. "What are you doing here?" She hugged him tight.

"It looks like we have a new crew member." Drinian smiled kindly and handed her the orange.

"Welcome aboard." Lucy greeted. I smiled and waved at the young girl.

"Your Majesties." Gael curtsied shyly.

"Call me Lucy."

"Call me Lexi." We both answered simultaneously. "Here, let me open it for you." I stretched out my hand for the orange. She gave it to me timidly. I took the dagger out of my boot and sliced the orange open before handing it back to her.

"Thanks." Gael smiled.

"Come on, you can sleep in my room." Lucy invited.

___________
Surprise!!! Double update!!

Hope you liked it !! This however means I won't be updating until after I get back, so I hoe it'll keep you going until then!

Thanks lovelies, don't forget to comment/vote!