Chapter Eleven

"Fearless suits you well." Edmund chuckled as we rode on horseback towards Miraz's castle - no, Narnia's castle now.

I blushed. "Thanks." I smiled and glanced at Ed, who continued to look at me. The title gave tingles up my spine. Me? A High Knight of Narnia? My fighting skills were good but I didn't think they were that great. High Knight is the highest of soldiers. I could train armies. Lead them.

Our castle was now in view. People lined the cobbled stoned street, waving their flags and cheering. I grinned from ear to ear, and could see the Pevensies and Caspian doing the same.

---

There was a knock on my chamber door. I adjusted myself in my chair. "Enter."

The door creaked open and Edmund walked in. He smiled when his eyes rested upon me. I gave a weak smile back and returned to looking down into the courtyard. There had been too many deaths on that night, too many painful memories of the Narnians left behind. Even though the pavement had been cleaned, the blood still stained my memory. I was the lucky one, and that wasn't something I wanted to be proud of.

"Lexi?" I had briefly forgotten that he was standing there.

"Sorry."

"You're remembering that night, aren't you?"

I nodded, fighting back hot tears. He took quick strides over to me and pulled me into his arms. I clutched him and broke down.

"You should have seen it after that gate closed. They fought up until their final breath. They knew they were going to die anyway, but that didn't stop them."

Edmund rubbed soothing circles on my back. "They were true Narnians, faithful until the end."

"They should hold the title Fearless, not me."

Edmund pulled away and lifted up my chin. "Lexi, you fought just as hard as them, but Miraz saw an advantage in you, therefore keeping you alive."

I sniffed.

"The Narnians knew what they signed up for, for that we should honour and remember them." He brushed a strand of hair out of my face. "Come on." Edmund stood up, pulling me with him.

"Where are we going?"

"For a ride. We have time, we don't have to gather for another six hours."

I smiled slightly and allowed him to take my hand. We walked down to the horses, and prepared one each.

---

"It's so peaceful here." Ed sighed, lying on his back, his head resting on his arms which were behind his neck. I lay on my side, my hands drawing patterns in the creases of his tunic.

We were alone in a surrounding. The only sounds that could be heard were the horses eating grass nearby, the birds in the trees and our breathing. It was serene.

"I wish we could stay here forever." I smiled, looking up at Ed.

He opened his eyes and met my gaze. "Me too."

We were used to the busy streets of London, and the bustling company of Narnians, not this tranquility. It was nice, not being bothered by any wars.

"How long do you think we will stay here?"

Edmund looked up at the sky. "Well I'm guessing it's about twelve o'clock-"

"No." I giggled. "Not here here. How long do you think we will stay here in Narnia?"

"Oh." Edmund fell silent, and remained that way for at least a minute. "I don't know. Last time we were here for fifteen years. Aslan decides when it's time."

I continued to draw patterns on his tunic, noticing every time Edmund inhaled and exhaled.

"I am so glad that I grabbed your hand that day on the station." He reached a hand up to brush my cheek.

I blushed.

He sat up and leaned against the tree that was shading us. "I feel like we've known each other for years."

"Me too." I answered.

Edmund tucked his hand around my neck and pulled my face close. He slowly brought his lips to mine. I released a breath and kissed back, letting go of all the stress that had been building up over time, because here in this moment, we had each other, and there was nothing to worry about anymore.

---

As we walked into the castle, Caspian hurried up to us. "Edmund! Alex! We've been looking everywhere for you two! Alex, Aslan wants to speak you. Ed, we need to get ready. "

I nodded and released Ed's hand. "Thanks Caspian."

He nodded and gave me a genuine smile. I could see that he was happy once again, he approved of Edmund and I. Caspian and Ed walked away, conversing about the past battle.

I found Aslan talking to Peter and Susan, they looked up when they saw me.

"Lexi."

"Alexis."

The three said at once.

"Caspian told me you were looking for me?"

Aslan nodded. "Join us."

I fell in step with them.

"Alexis, I was just telling Peter and Susan that they have gained everything they need from this world, and they now need to use it in their world."

"What?"

"He means this was Peter's and my final time in Narnia, Lexi." Susan replied.

"What?" I repeated, the blood rushing from my face. Peter and Susan belonged here, they were High King and Queen, Narnia needed them.

"They belong in England, Alexis, Narnia has Caspian now." Aslan answered my thoughts.

"Do you mean Lucy, Edmund and I too?"

Aslan shook his head and stopped walking. "Edmund and Lucy will return one day, when Narnia needs them again."

"And me?"

"You my child, you have choice. You can return to your world, time has not passed, everything will return to the way it was, or you can stay in Narnia, there is still purpose for you here as Alexis, the Fearless."

I gulped. It was a big decision. "Can I think about it?" I asked.

Aslan nodded. "You have an hour until we gather by the sacred tree."

I nodded and thanked him. I turned to Peter and Susan, and gave them small smiles. They returned it. I wandered up to my chamber and paced. Not long after, two Telmarine women came in and began to prepare me. I allowed them to do so while I sat, deep in thought.

_______________

Oohhh what do you think Lexi will choose???? Comment below ;)

I'd just like to thank everyone for the votes so far and for reading this fanfic. 1.73k reads so far - thanks so much!! This fanfic basically began when I was bored on holidays and just wrote to pass time. I never actually planned to publish it on Wattpad.

Usually I just write fanfictions because when I read other people's works, they never turn out the way I want them too - or I can never find a storyline that I like so I write my own.

Now I babbling. Sorry.

Anyway don't forget to vote and comment if you liked the chapter, maybe even share it to friends. :)

Thanks!!!
H x