Chapter Eighteen

"Where are you taking us?" I demanded, attempting to pull away from the man who was leading me.

"To the auction house, beau'iful." He answered, giving another tug of my wrists.

I looked behind me to see Lucy struggling against a man, and earning a slap on the cheek.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" I spat, lunging forwards but remembering that I couldn't get very far.

"She'll get worst than that if she can't keep her mouth shut."

Lucy gave me a worried look which broke my heart. I wanted to give her a reassuring hug and tell her everything was going to be alright, but I didn't know if it was.

Lucy, Eustace and I were tied to a post.

"We will auction the older one first, I'm sure there will be high bidding for her body."

My stomach lurched at the thought of someone buying me as a bed slave.

"No, I want the younger one up first. The eldest can go lucky last, after the piglet." The other man with more power commanded. "We need to keep the buyers interested."

---

"Do I hear sixty for the pretty lady?"

I watched as Lucy stood timidly on the stand, her hands tied behind her.

"Do I hear one fifty? One hundred and fifty. Going in three, two, one. Sold."

"Lucy!" I screamed as she was dragged off the stage.

"Lexi! Help me!"

I strained against the chains, but they only cut deeper into my hands and wrists.

"Who wants to start the bidding off here? Come on now he's a fine specimen."

The crowd mumbled and jeered at Eustace.

"He might not look it, but he's strong."

"Yeah, strong like the rear end of a Minotaur!" A man called out.

I prayed to Aslan that everyone would be ok.

"-I'll have you know, I won the school hygiene award for two years running."

"Come on now, make a bid." The auctioneer was getting irritable.

"I'll take him off your hands, in fact, I will take them all of your hands!" A man took off his hood, revealing Drinian and Reepicheep. I grinned. The other crewmen revealed themselves too and took out their swords. Reepicheep rushed to Lucy and unlocked her before coming to me and doing the same.

"Thanks Reep! You're a hero!" I exclaimed.

"You're very welcome, your gracious."

One of the slave traders fell to the ground near me. I took this as my opportunity to grab his sword.

I fought the auctioneer and he received a long, deep cut down his side, causing him to bend over in pain. I kicked him over and turned just in time to block an oncoming slave trader. I tripped him over backwards and he fell to the ground.

There was a loud cheer and the citizens of the town appeared with rakes, shovels and homemade weapons of their own.

I could see Lucy fighting to my left. But so far Edmund and Caspian had not appeared. And Eustace. Eustace was gone. I could slap him!

"Alex!" Caspian's voice sounded. I looked up to see him and Edmund standing above me, dropping barrels down onto the enemies.

Thank Aslan. They were ok.

---

"My King! My King!" An elderly man hurried up the beach as we were about to get into the long boats once again. He carried a long sword.

"This was given to me by your father. I hid it in a cave all these years. Please take it as a thank you for bringing peace and restoring justice to Narrowhaven once more." He offered Caspian the sword.

"That's an old Narnian sword." Edmund pointed out.

"It was from your Golden Age. There are seven swords, given as gifts from Aslan to protect Narnia."

"Thank you Lord Bern." Caspian smiled.

"Your Majesty." The Lord bowed.

One Lord down. Six more to go.

_____________
Sorry it was short. I have had a lot of exams. Holidays are just around the corner though. First week however, I am going away so I won't be able to write at all sorry. I'll try and update before I leave on Friday, but I can't promise anything...

Don't forget to comment and vote it you enjoyed it.

Thanks so much!!