Chapter Ten

I'm back!!!!
-------

Edmund was exactly where I thought he was; at the river. He sat on the bank, his hair soaking wet and almost covering his eyes.

"Hello." I greeted timidly, sitting down beside him.

"Hello." He answered.

"I'm sorry." I started. "I shouldn't have run off, I shouldn't have agreed to Miraz's deal and I shouldn't have dismissed you earlier today."

"It's ok. I'm so sorry too. I overreacted when you needed space and time to think, I didn't understand when you went back to Caspian but I do now. I really really like you Alexis, I've never felt this way about anyone."

I felt my cheeks heat up. "Do you think we could start over?" I asked hopefully.

Edmund nodded and grinned. "Hi, I'm Edmund." He started goofily.

I laughed and shook my head. "I was thinking something more like this." And then I kissed him. It felt great to have his lips back on mine and everything put behind us. I felt Edmund chuckle and then he wrapped a hand around my neck and deepened the kiss.

"I really really like you too." I said between kisses.

I was disappointed when Edmund pulled away, however he rested his forehead to mine and kept his cool hand around my neck.

"I thought you'd never say that."

I giggled and reached my hand into the river and splashed water at him. He burst out laughing and splashed me back.

He stopped and was serious once again. "Hey Lexi?"

"Mm?"

"Maybe we could be something more than friends?" He suggested, his face turning a deep scarlet.

I blushed too. "Like what?" I knew what he meant though, I just wanted to hear the words.

"Maybe we could court?" (A/N: Court was the term for "dating" back then)

I grinned and nodded before kissing him once again.

___

"Good luck." I called to Peter as he put his helmet on.

"Thanks."

"Remember Pete, don't lose focus, you don't know his strategies, you don't know the way he fights, suss him out in the first minute." Edmund explained.

Peter chuckled, "Thanks Ed, but I think I have fought battles too." He then turned to me. "Good luck to you too. Please watch out for Lucy, I know Susan is going with you-"

"Peter. It's ok. Just focus on winning this duel." I smiled reassuringly.

He gulped and nodded. I pulled him into a hug. "You've won many battles. Don't be nervous about this one. It's a piece of cake."

He chuckled. "Thanks Alex."

I turned away to let Edmund talk to Peter.

"They're ready for you." Caspian startled me.

I nodded. "Ok. I'm coming."

Caspian led me the makeshift stables, literally only a tunnel, to where Susan and Lucy were waiting, already on a horse.

I mounted Marvel and collected my reins.

"It's probably time I give this back to you." Caspian mumbled to Susan.

"Keep it. You might need to call me again." She nudged her horse into a canter. I followed.

"You might need to call me again?" Lucy giggled, her voice echoing in the tunnel.