Chapter 1

Quickie little note here, now that the prologue is done I'm typing in first person. It'll be easier than using the countries names each time or having to explain which "he" I am referring to. Continue.

—————

My eyes flew open, all of my senses coming back to me at once. My vision settled on the phone that blared next to my head; my 6:00 a.m alarm. I forgot it was a school day, though quickly remembered yesterday was Monday and we still had over half the week to get through.

Sighing, I reached over and grabbed my phone, hitting the button on my lock screen to shut the alarm up before closing my eyes again and sighing. Before I had a chance to fall asleep again, though, I forced myself to sit up, bending backwards in a semi-painful stretch as all my vertebrae popped. I then proceeded to pop my neck as well before I threw my covers off and got up. I had to go downstairs to make breakfast for Belarus and Ukraine. Ever since dad died, I was the man of the house. It was tough to raise 2 other siblings at the age of 7, but lucky for me, Germany and Poland helped out quite a bit. They're families would lend us money when we needed it until I turned 13, and then I got my first job and started to fix things.

As I held the frying pan over the stove and watched the eggs cook, I just thought about everything happening this week. So far we'd received 4 homework assignments and a project that was going to be due next Monday. Junior year was the most stressful thing I'd ever faced in my life, well, right next to all our financial issues and all... but I've matured since I was a kid, and now I'm 17- so I can handle it. I have no other choice, anyway. I have to be strong for Bel and Ukraine, and I can't do that if I show them that I'm worried- because if they know I worry then they'll worry, and things just go downhill from there.

Before I could continue drifting off, I turned the stove off and slid the eggs onto plates. I quickly rinsed the Pan with cold water in the sink, letting the steam come off of it and rise into my face I checked the time as I poured orange juice in their glasses and put the bacon I fried on their plates. It was only 6:23, I didn't need to wake them up for almost another ten minutes. I sighed and looked at the food on the counter. They won't want to eat cold breakfast, anyway.

I walked out of the kitchen and down the hall and peeked my head into Bel's room. She was sleeping on her side, peacefully, blankets pulled up to her chin and looked quite calm. I walked in and gently shook her awake.

"Bel, wake up." I murmured, nudging her again when she didn't respond. Suddenly she sat up with sleepy eyes, blinking slowly at me.

"Что...? Привет, Россия..." she mumbled, her brain still drunk with sleep.

"Привет, Беларусь" I replied, smiling. "Time to get up, breakfast is ready. It's your favorite."

"Scrambled eggs and bacon?" She said excitedly.

"With orange juice." I finished. I grinned slightly as I watched her shoot up out of bed and go straight across the hall to the kitchen where she started devouring her food. Next I crossed the hall to Ukraine's room. When I came in, she was laying on her stomach with her covers already pushed off, and her arm dangling off the bed. Her mouth was hanging open and I could see dried spit in the corners of her lips. I snickered to myself and shook her awake as well.

"Вставай, Украина." I said just as she opened her eyes and groaned. She looked at me sadly as she realized it was 6:00 a.m on a school day. I felt her pain.

"Добре утро." I said as she sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Добре утро..." She replied, practically rolling out of bed and skulking to the kitchen.

I followed them and we all ate our food in peace. Belarus was already almost done with her food once we entered the kitchen but she waited for Ukraine to finish so they could get ready together. Belarus was just a pure little girl and she admired her older sister, so it only made sense she wanted to get ready with her together, too.

"You guys go get ready. I'll put the dishes away and go up after you." I said. They nodded and Ukraine took Belarus upstairs while I rinsed their plates under the water from the sink. Once I was up there, I walked past the bathroom to see Ukraine putting mascara on in the mirror while Bel watched her with wide eyes. I smiled and went to my room, closing the door behind me. I peeled my shirt off and let my gaze go to my mirror. I looked at my arms in the mirror and studied the bandages on them. I would need to change them soon, I figured. Looking down at them, I trailed my fingers across the semi-soft material before reaching into my dresser and pulling out a long sleeve black sweater. I pulled it over my head and made sure the sleeves covered a majority of the bandages before slipping on some ripped black skinny jeans.

Making sure I didn't look too much like trash, I checked the mirror one last time and pulled on my ushanka before grabbing my backpack and heading back downstairs

Making sure I didn't look too much like trash, I checked the mirror one last time and pulled on my ushanka before grabbing my backpack and heading back downstairs. It was almost 7:00 and school started at 8:00, but I wanted to get there early so I could hang around before anyone else really showed up, with maybe the exception of China or North and South Korea.

Ukraine and Bel ran downstairs after I finished putting on my classic white and black adidas. I smiled at them. They both were wearing flower crowns, except it barely fit on Belarus's head, but that made it all the more adorable to see.

We smiled at each other before getting outside the house, and as we all walked towards the school, all I could think was-

Time for another day of hell.

—————

That's right, I did over 1000 words on literally their morning routine. Sue me why don't you. I have nothing so you can't win ):)
Yes the art is mine again, I got kinda lazy so they were both were done in 15 minutes or less. They're so precious tho like omfg ❤️

Anyway, я люблю тебя- and I'll see you guys in the next chapter, whenever I post that.

Byebye 🇷🇺 🇧🇾 🇺🇦