Chapter 2

I'm using some of my actual schedule and actual teachers names in this from now on. Enjoy.
—————
🇷🇺 Russia 🇷🇺

It was just around lunch time, the bell was going to ring in a minute or so and I stared out the window of the world history classroom. We were going over the French Revolution and the guillotine, and dare I say, even Marie "didn't actually say let them eat cake" Antoinette. Discussing the complete economic and social breakdown of former France wasn't all that terrible- I mean, how could you be bored talking about armed peasant women storming the castle and decapitating the guards?- but I just didn't like school in general. The classes were all just more work and more stress for me and I didn't want to be here... which is only logical.

Luckily I didn't have time to finish my thought as the bell rang. I had already packed up my books into my backpack so I just grabbed it and rushed out of the room along with all the other students. I got shoved or bumped a few times in the hall before I made it to the staircase and sighed, heading on up.

Pushing the door open with a satisfying noise that echoed off the corridor and out into the open air, I walked over the the ledge and sat down with my legs dangling off. I closed my eyes and leaned back onto my arms, letting the wind blow into my face. There wasn't s more invigorating feeling than that. I mean, besides getting drunk off your ass with a whole bottle of vodka.

Reaching into my backpack, I pulled out my already opened pack of cigarettes and pulled one out. I'd already been suspended once for having them on campus, but that was when I was a freshman and I smoked in the bathroom like an idiot. The advanced maths teacher Mr. Ganon came in and found me. Now I was smarter about it, going up on the roof where nobody else went to smoke in the open air, where it would be more difficult to notice. I didn't smoke all the time, but when I felt nervous about something or just needed to do something as a vent, I would pick up the pack.

Lighting the cigarette between my lips, I held it and took a long drag before blowing the cloud of smoke out into the chilly February air. I closed my eyes and relaxed, embracing the feeling, before I heard the door behind me suddenly open. Startled, I accidentally dropped my cigarette off the roof and into the wet grass below. I turned around quickly to meet the gaze of America.

I cursed under my breath and looked back down to the grass before I craned my neck around again to look at him.

"Чего ты хочешь, Америка?" I snapped, trying to see his eyes behind those dumb glasses of his.

I don't think he understood me, but he rushed to explain himself anyways. "I was just coming up to take photos for photography- didn't think anyone else was up here, sorry." He said back defensively, holding his camera in one hand.

"Whatever." I said again, grabbing my bag and heading back to the door.

"You know you'll get in trouble for smoking on campus, right?" He said in an a-matter-of-fact tone of voice.

"Нет? Нет, Америка. I really wasn't aware of that- спасибо." I said sarcastically, blinking at him slowly from behind my Ushanka. He raised an eyebrow at me and mouthed something as he shook his head, and I took it as my chance to leave. I pushed the door open and made my way back inside he building.

Before the door closed, I faintly heard him mutter:

"I didn't do it on purpose..."

I felt a twinge of guilt for being to rude, but I just kept going down the stairs. I figured if I ever had the chance again, I could just apologize later. Until then, I had more important things to do.

—————

*holds up shot of Vodka*
Nasdarovya-
*tosses shot back* (jk)
<<It's 12:30 am and there's a big, thicc, and fast spider on the ceiling, and I'm worried it'll drop down on my bed and crawl in my ear when I go to sleep.>>
This chapter was basically short and pointless, but it acts as an introduction to our favorite good boi, America.
V'meste silneye, comrades- and I'll see y'all in the next chapter.
*Soviet anthem plays in the distance*