Chapter 22

I've been getting AJ art commissions done and I feel kind of like, productive.
-Pats self on the back- good job Rem.

-----
3rd Person (my brain doesn't feel like doing first person rip)
-----
Russia woke with a start as his alarm went off, causing him to physically jump. He'd just been in the middle of the recurring dream, but luckily the alarm had ended the dream before it got to the end, where he knew he'd wake up in a panic.

Thank god for the alarm.

He almost forgot America was there until he saw the other country sit up and look down at him, his glasses slightly crooked. He fixed them and blinked down at the taller country, who just stared at the ceiling before glancing over, his expression unreadable.

"You okay, Rus?" America asked, raising a brow. He'd already been sort of awake when the alarm went off, and he'd felt Russia jump as the beeping went off. Russia was silent for a moment, reaching his arm out and quickly smacking the alarm to make it shut up. "I'm fine."

America decided not to argue, because he knew how stubborn Russia was and figured he wouldn't give him an honest answer. He awkwardly pushed the cover back and watched as Russia got up walked to his wardrobe, pulling some clothes out. He kind of just stared, unsure if Russia was expecting him to leave or not. Russia seemed to pause before glancing over at America.

I can't change here. He'd see the bandages.

He silently walked to the door and went into the bathroom, leaving America to sit there and wait. He tapped his fingers in the mattress while waiting for Russia to come back in the room. Meanwhile Russia was in the bathroom, staring at his bare wrists over the sink, his mind in another place. He snapped out of it and looked up into the mirror, his gaze meeting the dead eyes looking back at him from the glass. He eventually sighed, rinsing his arm under the cold water and put the clothes on: a simple blue short sleeved shirt and a plain black hoodie, as well as worn, faded and ripped blue skinny jeans and his classic adidas sneakers. He felt his wrist itching a little, but blew off the urge to scratch it and just pulled the sleeve farther down to keep them covered. He put the clothes in the wash in and left the room.

What's the point?

America looked up as Russia came back into the room. It was silent for a moment before Russia spoke. "I need to make breakfast and get. You and Canada can stay if you want or you can go home, it's your choice. America chewed the inside of his cheek.

"I can stay if you don't mind, Canada probably will too." He responded, Russia giving a nod before walking back out of the room and going down the stairs. America followed him and sat at the counter, watching as the Russian pulled some ingredients from the fridge and started making breakfast from scratch. On the way down he saw Canada and Ukraine were no longer on the couch. America was still kind of sleepy, but he was mesmerized by Russia's movements. He would whisk the eggs while laying bacon in the pan, then start getting out glasses while glancing at the food. America didn't think he'd be able to multitask like that, so it was pretty impressive. Nonetheless, he knew Russia was also sleep deprived and could still move that quickly and keep focused.

America wasn't used to this kind of silence, and a Russia wasn't used to anyone else being with him in the morning. The kitchen was filled with the noises of sizzling bacon and eggs being stirred on the pan, but America could faintly hear some sort of humming. He figured Russia forgot he was in the room, or just didn't care. After a while, Russia poured juice into 5 glasses and pulled out five plates. He took bacon and gave all the plates a serving of eggs before balancing two plates on each arm and carrying them to the counter. Once he saw America he seemed to be caught off guard for a split second before setting the plates down and bringing over the fifth one and then the glasses.

"I thought you stayed up in my room." He admitted, his voice calm.

That explains why he was humming.

"Ehh, no... I came down with you." America said, pushing his glasses up. Russia was silent as he set the glasses down one by one. He nodded and walked away, retrieving his siblings from their rooms. When he opened Ukraine's door , he was greeted by his sister and Canada laying in bed, huddled up and sleeping peacefully. He almost didn't want to wake them up, but he did it anyway, for the sake of school, and it was a Friday.

They both stirred awake and dragged themselves into the kitchen. As Russia walked back in, he saw Belarus happily talking to America. They were smiling and talking back and forth as the other three joined them. Canada and Ukraine were seated next to each other, Russia in the middle, with Belarus between him and America. Russia ate his food in silence, feeling some anxiety in his chest because he usually didn't eat with America around, and he didn't like the feeling it gave him, but he forced himself to do it anyways otherwise people would ask questions. America, on the other hand, enjoyed the meal Russia had made, and was pretty impressed with his cooking. He found himself glancing at Russia every now and then while they talked. Russia was mostly silent, but he, Belarus, Ukraine and Canada had a nice conversation. He couldn't tell what Russia was thinking or feeling because his expression was still unreadable. He was good at hiding what he was dealing with, and America easily could see that.

Eventually they all finished their meal and Russia collected all the plates and began washing them while America stood there. Russia, Belarus, and Ukraine all talked to each other in russian for a minute, then Ukraine and Belarus went back to their rooms and Canada had followed Ukraine, for whatever reason (eheheh).

"You should probably go get your bag and go home to get ready." Russia said while cleaning out a glass. America chewed his lip. "Alrighty. See you in a little while."

He ran back upstairs to get his bag and then he and Canada went home. They had the whole rest of the day to get through, but after that, it was the weekend. They couldn't wait for the day to be over, even though it hadn't even begun yet.

-----

Like you all have been waiting for for so long now, there is gonna be some delicious drama in the next chapter.

No. They don't kiss.

I mean they totally kiss.

(No they don't)