Chapter 13

-----
🇷🇺 Russia 🇷🇺
-----
After me and America finished our "lesson", which I knew he wouldn't remember any of (which is fine because all I did was tell him curse words and insults), he looked at the time and looked back up at me.

"My family probably made dinner by now. It's almost 7:00. You should join us when they call." He suggested. I felt myself start to get hot, anxiety kicking up a bit.

"Uh... нет... your dad doesn't seem to like me very much, plus I'm not exactly hungry..." I just shook my hand dismissively and shrunk back against the wall more. He raised his eyebrow.

"My mom will wonder why you didn't come down... but okay." He shrugged.

I haven't eaten since this morning, but I don't want to sit awkwardly at the table while nobody talks and eat in front of them. That's a nightmare.

I just nodded and stayed where I was, and sure enough, America and I both turned towards the door as Canada opened the door.

"Hey bro- oh. Hey Russia." He said, slowly, as if he was trying to absorb the fact that I was actually sitting there. In his brother's room. On the bed.

"Привет, Канада." I said calmly, blinking at him.

"Uhh, dinner is ready, 'Meri." Canada said.

"Hey Canada." I said, getting his attention. He looked over with a 'hm?'.

"My sister says Hello." I told him. Once he realized what I meant, he blushed a little bit and smiled, then he closed the door and left. America looked over at me and smiled. I looked back at him.

"Canada is like, in love with Ukraine." He said, snickering.

"Ukraine obviously likes him as well." I said, almost smirking. "Anyways, go. Your family is waiting." I said, shooting him out the door. He just rolled his eyes with a smile before getting up and leaving the room. After he left I just sat in silence and chewed my inner lip, the opposite side of where China punched me. I laid back on his bed and stared up at his ceiling, unsure how long his dinner would be and what to do until then. I ended up just closing my eyes and putting my earbuds in.

-----
🇺🇸 America 🇺🇸
-----
Once we finished dinner, I started to go back upstairs. Mom asked if Russia would come down and join us, so I explained that he wasn't hungry. Dad just stayed cold the whole time, I assumed he was kind of angry at me for bringing the son of one of his enemies into his home, but he didn't even say a word to me. I opened my bedroom door again and looked over at Russia. He was laying across my bed, one arm propping his head up while the other held his phone. He looked like he was asleep. I felt myself cracking a smile as I went and sat down at the head of the bed again. I was going to go on my phone or something when I heard him.

"Welcome back." He said, cracking open one eye to look at me. I blinked.

"I thought you were asleep." I laughed a little.

"I told you... I can't." He sat up and shrugged, still holding his phone. He pulled out one earbud to hear me better. I thought for a long second as I looked at him. He looked so tired, I felt bad for him.

"Do you want to tell me what you're thinking about? It might help." I suggested. He just shrugged at me and kept silent, not opening his mouth. I tapped my chin while thinking as he put his earbuds and phone away.

He must not trust me enough to tell me what's bothering him.

I couldn't think of what else to do, so I just leaned into the corner and opened my arms. He gave me a confused look and didn't budge.

"What are you doing?" He asked, giving me a skeptical look.

"Come here." I said, trying to get him to come closer. He just looked me up and down and gave me a single unamused laugh. "Are you serious?"

I rolled my eyes, sat up, and pulled him over to me. He sat in an awkward position, frozen, as I hugged him to my chest. I didn't know what else to do, if he wouldn't talk to me and tell me what was wrong with him, I figured hugs make everything better. He just sat there still, unsure how to react.

"Uh... What the hell?" He said after a moment.

"Just lay down and relax. I'm trying to help you."

"Come on, America, let go..." he said awkwardly. I just sighed.

"Just trust me, okay. This might help you." I said again, still keeping my arms around him. After a good long minute, I felt him let out a deep breath, and he laid down, his arms pulled up close to himself. He was on his stomach, sort of, the way I pulled him down left him that way. I just kept my arms around him and I traced circles onto his back. It wasn't a massage, but it was still an effort.

I continued doing that until I heard a quiet knock on my door. Russia looked at the door in horror, frozen while still laying on me.

"Come in." I said calmly. The door opened to reveal my mom. She looked at us both with surprised eyes but smiled after a second.

"He's been having trouble sleeping so I'm trying to help." I explained to her. She made an 'oh' face and nodded.

"I just wanted to ask if Russia is spending the night." She asked. I looked down at Russia and he craned his neck to look up at me. I shrugged.

"I suppose he is." I replied. She nodded. "Okay. Goodnight, you two." She smiled again and closed the door. I continued tracing shapes into Russia's back as he laid there. I'm sure he was still uncomfortable, or maybe even shocked still, but I hoped I was helping.

"Is this helping at all?" I asked, my eyes closed.

"Uh... I don't know." He replied. I could hear the awkwardness in his tone and I held back a laugh. I thought for a minute before I pulled him up. He looked at me with surprise.

He was now laying on me with his head in he crook of my neck. Sure, it was hella gay, but hugging people is usually reassuring so maybe it would help him relax.

"This is so fucking gay." He said, his tone nervous. I stifled my laughter and smiled.

"Eh, maybe. But are you comfortable or not."

"I guess I am?" He said slowly.

"Just try to relax Russia. Whatever you're thinking about that's keeping you awake, just try to let it slip past. Hugs are reassuring, comforting. So just try to get comfortable." I explained. He let out a single monotone laugh, his breath hot on my neck.

"What are you, my therapist?"

I felt myself laughing a little bit and I tried to hold it back. The tone he said it in was perfect, just adding to the joke.

"No. I'm your mom." I replied. He shook his head side to side.

"You're so fucking random." He breathed out. I just smiled.

"Yeeeeaah, now close your eyes." I said. He sighed a little but he closed his eyes. I could feel his breath in my neck every time he breathed. I kept rubbing his back and tracing shapes and stuff onto him gently, trying to relax him. Eventually I felt his breathing slow down and I opened my eyes, looking down at him. I could only partly see his face from my angle, but he looked peaceful, and I was sure he was asleep now. I smiled to myself in victory and used one arm to grab my blankets and pull them up over us both.

I would try to slide out from under him, but I don't want to wake him up. I guess we'll just sleep like this.

Still feeling his warm breath on me, I kept gently rubbing his back up and down, now with my fingertips.

"Goodnight Ruski" I whispered, almost to myself knowing he's asleep, and I let my eyes drift shut where sleep awaited.

-----

Aww. Russia gots the loves. How coot. Even tho he hated every minute of it, America did help him huehue

I wrote this at 3 am and I was really tired so forgive me for any mistakes

Yeeyee