Chapter 26

I called my online friends on discord today. They were laughing their asses of because they never heard my voice before, and the first thing I do is out my face right up to mic and whisper russia words into their ears. I literally just went привет, как дела but one of them was wheezing and she was like "that was not what I was expecting"

Anyway. I had fun, I guess. Time for whatever this is.

-----

After, yet again, the incident at Russia's house, he'd become distant again. But this time, even more so that before. Every time America looked at Russia during school, he'd had a blank look on his face, he seemed tired again, the bags under his eyes visible from more lack of sleep. America felt horrible.

Why won't he talk to me? Did I do something wrong?

By lunch time, America was down. He was relatively quiet at the table, and everyone had noticed the difference. They weren't used to America being quiet at all, let alone sad. Japan was the first to speak up.

"Are you alright, America-san?" She asked. Once the words were out of her mouth, all America's friends finally dropped their conversation and looked at hm with concern. Germany sighed.

"She's got a point in asking. You're never this quiet, or sad." He agreed. Ireland nodded. Even Brazil agreed, making America realize how much Russia was affecting him. He let out a sigh and drummed his fingers on the table.

"Sorry guys. I'm just..." He thought for a minute. "I'm just distracted."

"It's Russia, isn't it?" Japan asked. I blinked at her.

"How did you know?"

She gave an amused snicker. "Honey. We all know. We're your friends, we can see right through you. And we also know how much you've been talking to him lately."

"She's not wrong there." Brazil smirked. Germany nodded in agreement.

"Alright, you got me. I am worried about him. But it's no biggie I'll get over it." He gave them a dismissive wave of his hand. Brazil rolled his eyes.

"Look, Ame. It's not like we all like Russia, but that doesn't stop you. If you're worried about something then go talk to him. Get it out of way instead of ignoring it." Japan shrugged. "He's right." Germany gave a nod. America chewed his lip for a moment.

"I don't think he'll want to talk to me even."

"Why not?"

"I shouldn't say. It's his business not mine." America said hesitantly.

"In any case, you never know until you try." Germany said. Everyone agreed, and America thought about it for a long moment. He then pulled out his phone and opened Russia's contact. He sent a text and then waited. He didn't see Russia at the normal table, so he wasn't sure if he was even on his phone or not.

🇺🇸 • Hey Rus... I know you might not want to talk to me rn, but do you maybe want to meet after school and hangout?
Read 12:27 p.m.

There was no reply, so America figured Russia didn't want to hang out, and he felt a bit defeated. He closed his texts and was about to set the phone back in his pocket when the screen lit up.

🇷🇺 • fine

America smiled at his small victory and opened it back up.

🇺🇸 • Meet behind the school after 7th?

🇷🇺 • ig

🇺🇸 • Okay, see you then!
Read 12:31 p.m.

America put the phone away and chewed his lip, now thinking how it would go. He knows Russia hasn't been doing well lately, and he only wondered how things would go. He even began to daydream what would happen if after Russia came there, they ended up having a good time and Russia would even smile. He'd never seen Russia's smile, but the thought of Russia smiling, but just the idea made him blush and he felt happiness stir. He would make Russia smile one day, he wasn't sure when or how, but it was his goal.