Chapter 14

Earlier my mom was watching tv, and she was like,
"That baby looks just like the dad." And the dad was a guy from Russia. My mother is russian and my family is russian, so I started laughing and I was like,
"2 months later: their baby daughter grows a beard. 'Mom, pass the Kompot.'"
Long story short I got my mom to laugh. It was хорошо 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

Anyway, let's do this.
-----
🇷🇺 Russia 🇷🇺
-----

The city was completely empty, cars were abandoned on the streets, doors open, everyone was gone. It looked like everyone had just fled in mass panic, leaving everything behind.

What the hell happened here?

The entire city was dead quiet, and as I walked down the road all I could hear was my own footsteps. The sky was yellow, glowing, highlighting everything I could see. It was beautiful to be honest, but also sad in seeing that nobody else could appreciate the sight. I continued walking, trying to look for anyone.

"Украина? Бел?" I called out, hearing no response.

Suddenly, the sky went dark. I was on the roof off a sky scraper now, right on the edge, looking over the city. Trying to understand what was happening, I stepped right onto the ledge, looking out at the horizon.

I heard footsteps behind me, and I turned around. Belarus walked up to my side slowly, not even looking at me. I tried to reach out and touch her but she just swerved away from my hand. I stared at her in confusion as she stepped up to the ledge.

"Бел, What are you doing?" I choked out. She didn't even respond, she just stepped over the ledge and I watched in horror as she feel, arm reached out to try and grab her but I wasn't fast enough.

"Belarus?" My voice trembled. Suddenly I looked over and I saw Ukraine stepping up to the ledge next to me. "Ukraine, please don't go." I grabbed her wrist and tried to pull her away from the ledge, but I couldn't hold her back, it's like my energy was seeping from my body. It felt like as if there was some kind of force, invisible like wind, that just wouldn't let me grab her. She smiled down at me and slowly plummeted off the edge as well. I watched her fall and averted my eyes in horror, not wanting to look to the ground and see what had happened in the impact. I was speechless, I couldn't even cry out. I felt tears dripping down from my eyes and I couldn't even raise my hand up to wipe them away. I heard footsteps behind me again and I turned around.

"Папа, нет..." I whispered. I tried to stand up but it was like all the energy had drained from me, and I was immobile. He walked up to the ledge, slowly, his eyes on me, yet he didn't say a word.

"Dad please, no!" I said desperately, trying to reach out and grab him.

Please let me just grab his hand.
Let me tell him I love him, I'm running out of time.
Let me hug him. Why can't I move? I can't speak!
Please.
Please?
Please, please!

He fell from the ledge, just as I finally ran forward. My hand trembled in the air where he just was, his coat and ushanka collapsed on the ground, blowing lightly in the wind.

They were gone, all of them. I couldn't tell them I loved them. I couldn't even stop them from walking away. Maybe I didn't even try hard enough, and now I'll never have another chance.

I felt a scream trying to claw its way out of my throat, but when I opened my mouth, no sound would come out. I choked on that scream as the tears poured from my eyes, and I dug my nails into the concrete edge of that roof until they bled.

Wake up.

Wake up, I don't want to feel this anymore.

Open your eyes, dammit!

I shot up with a sharp inhale, blinking quickly at the pitch black room and trying to see where I was. My breath was caught in my through, nearly suffocating me. I could feel the tears still coming from my eyes, and I knew I'd been crying during my sleep. I didn't even bother to wipe them away, I just sat there in horror and tried to bring myself out of it. I looked down at America and realized I had been sleeping on him, so I slowly worked my way off him and sat down on the foot of the bed, back pressed into the corner.

The dream played over and over again in my head.

I eventually just gave in, and I felt myself begin to weep.

So there I was, tired, confused, scared, and crying, feeling alone, while America slept there peacefully right beside me, clueless that there was even a problem.

-----

Yeah this chapter was short. I just felt kinda sad so I made this chapter, and I can explain some things.

Russia has been having trouble sleeping, and generally doesn't sleep enough because he has nightmares about his dad and family dying, while he can't do anything to help them. With his dad, he was paralyzed and couldn't speak or move when his dad was about to jump, because as a child, his dad died right in front of him and he wasn't able to say goodbye, hug him, help him, or even say I love you, so he's always felt guilty about that even though it wasn't his fault.

He doesn't want to tell America about that because it's personal, and he doesn't really trust America that well yet. Not even his family really realizes how messed up the experience left him.

...Anyway. Until next time