Chapter 34

Edit: authors note: All aboard the sleep deprivation train.. Longer chapter this time for some reason aha.

—————3rd P

—————
3rd P.O.V- (from now on just assume it'll always in 3rd person)
—————
When America opened his eyes in the morning, he at first was very confused, nearly forgetting where he was, before he remembered yesterday's ordeal and relaxed a little back into Russia's bed, remembering he was safe here. His mind was already wandering on what he was supposed to do now, when he'd be able to come home, and how his family would react. He felt worried already, imagining himself walking through the door and being met with his disappointed father's face. Or the sympathetic glances from his siblings or mother... or both.

He then felt Russia shift a little, and looked down. The sleeping country below him had his hands near his head, his cheek pressed into America's chest. The usually tall, threatening country now looked very peaceful, and America found the view to be quite adorable. At this angle, Russia didn't look threatening at all. (UwU)

America felt his concerns melt away while looking at how peaceful Russia was

America felt his concerns melt away while looking at how peaceful Russia was. Just knowing he was able to help with the recurring nightmares made him feel much better than he had moments ago. America slowly reached his hand up and brushed Russia's cheek without thinking.

God, I'm falling for him harder than I thought.

"Fuck.." he whispered under his breath, brushing his thumb over the other country's skin. He knew he had no chance with Russia, and he also knew Russia would probably be pissed knowing America was touching him while he slept (that sounds way too sexual holy fuck sorry lmao), but America just couldn't help it. He was falling deep.

America continued to stroke Russia's cheek while getting lost in his thoughts- that was, before he felt him stir. He looked down as Russia slowly grabbed onto his shirt and pressed his face into America's chest, just beginning to wake. America cleared his throat quietly.