Chapter 18

When in doubt, yeet it out.
-----
🇺🇸 America 🇺🇸
-----

After the day ended, I ended up going to find Russia. I figured we might as well get started on the project now, plus I may have been a little excited to hang out with him again, although it would be work related and I know he wouldn't really have much fun. But still, I couldn't help myself. I turned the corner with my bag, still trying to cram my last binder in there, before I finally got it in and started going towards the general vicinity of his locker.

I saw him talking to Ukraine as they began walking my direction. I smiled and waved, as they both waved back, although Ukraine was the only one to smile at me. I approached and walked next to Russia.

"Hey guys." I said.

"Prevet, Ameryka." Russia greeted, still looking forwards.

"Hi there." Ukraine said.

"Are you guys open to working in the project today?" I asked. Ukraine nodded.

"Yup! Me and Canada are partners so he was planning on coming over as well." She confirmed. I raised my eyebrows.

"But aren't you and Canada in two different classes?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yeah, but we talked to the teacher and she said if we wanted to work together, we just had to do a little extra and we would have to present to her together sometime all three of us could do it, so probably lunch. It worked out alright." I nodded at her as I looked around for Canada. I saw him by his Locker getting a binder before closing it. He turned around and saw us and waved. Me and Ukraine waved back, and he walked next to her. We all walked towards Russia's house. Ukraine and Canada were in a discussion of their own, although they were still right next to us. I looked up at Russia while we walked, mostly because he wasn't talking at all.

"Are you holding up?" I asked quietly. He kept his eyes forwards.

"Da. I'm fine, Ameryka." He said, although he still looked exhausted. I just gave a sigh.

"I know that's not true, Rus. I can see it written all over your face."

He didn't even complain about me calling him Rus, he just let out a sigh. "Can we not discuss this right now?" He said, his voice tired. I just nodded slowly and continued walking.

I'm worried about him.

We picked our younger siblings up from school and told them our plan. They walked home the selves, while Belarus stuck with us. She clung to Ukraine and Russia as we went to their house.

My mind wandered as we reached the house, but once the door was open, I came back to and focused again. Russia almost immediately began to head towards the stairs. Belarus waved to us and ran off to her room and closed the door.

"We can just work here in the living room." I heard Ukraine say. I turned and waved to Canada and we smiled at each other as they sat cross legged on the floor. I followed Russia upstairs. I could faintly hear my brother and Ukraine talking downstairs, but t stopped once we reached Russia's room. He opened his door and walked in, setting the bag on the floor. I followed him in and closed the door behind me, although I was Pat sure if he wanted it open or closed. He sat on the edge of the bed and opened his window so fresh air could come rushing in. He looked at me and I sat down next to him.