Chapter 28

Sorry for not updating. I've been doing stuff recently...
Roleplaying with my friend
Art commissions
Thinking about school
Thinking more about school
School stress
Worrying about my friends that are in bad situations
I want pasta
School stress
Some of my permanent teeth are loose. That should be self explanatory.

So yeah, sorry :(

I'm here now tho- so enjoy

-----
3rd Person
-----
America was (yet again) bouncing off the walls in anticipation to see Russia after school. He almost forgot to grab his books from under the desk as he left the classroom and power walked his way to the lockers. He got his homework and crammed it into his bag before going to Canada and Ukraine.

"Hey!" America greeted. Canada waved with a grin and Ukraine smiled welcomingly.

"Canada do you wanna have a sleepover at Russia and Ukraine's tonight? Me and Russia already are so I figured you might want to as well." America asked. Ukraine looked amused and glanced between the brothers.

"He's been hanging out with you quite a bit, America." She said. He nodded.

"Well, I'm always the one who asks to hang out, but y'know, it works." He shrugged. She nodded but still has an entertained face.

"Either way, he literally never hangs out with anyone else."

America felt proud that he got Russia to hang out with him, but he also knew that if people didn't hate Russia or think he was evil, he'd probably have friends besides America, although the figured Russia would be just as stubborn in that situation as this one, so maybe he was wrong. In any sense, the thought stuck with him for a moment until he shook it away.

"So, do you want to come, Canada? I mean, if you're okay with it Ukraine."

"I'm fine with it." She smiled. Canada looked at her and nodded.

"I'll tell dad." Canada said, whipping out his phone. He sent he text and then waited for a response. America meanwhile kept his eye out for Russia. He glanced down the hall every now and then until Canada's phone buzzed again.

"He said okay." Canada confirmed. America nodded with the smile, and turned just as he saw Russia turning the corner. He looked completely exhausted still, as if every step he took was one step closer to passing out right there. America wanted to get him to sleep as soon as possible. He was determined to get Russia to sleep.

"Hey Rus." America created casually, trying not to show his excitement. Russia didn't even argue back and tell him not to call him that, he just nodded in America's general direction. America felt himself frowning a little but quickly pushed it away and went back to smiling. He didn't realize Russia had noticed the frown, and questioning why he had frowned in the first place.

"Okay, we're all set, so let's go." Canada said, beginning to walk down the hall with Ukraine. America saw Russia walking behind them already and he rushed to catch up.

-----

...Yeah guys I know it's a short chapter, I'm just tired.
Nah JK it's not over yet, I'm just trolling you.
*Squat kicking intensifies*

-----

They reached Russia's house soon enough, and Russia unlocked the door and pushed it open for them all before closing it behind. America already felt himself becoming familiar with the Russian's house. He knew the layout of the living room and kitchen, where the stairs where, and he knew what Russia's room looked like from memory as well. He was happy at the fact he'd been in the house long enough to memorize it.

"Well... unless you all want to hangout then we'll be in my room." Ukraine said, pulling Canada towards her room. Belarus had already ran into her room, leaving Russia and America alone. Canada waved and smiled awkwardly to Russia and America as he disappeared into her room and the door shut behind them. Russia licked his teeth and then began walking up to his own room, knowing America would catch on and follow on his own. He wasn't surprised when America did start following him up the stairs, into his room, and seated himself on Russia's bed. Russia himself took his normal spot against the window and sighed. America could see his eyes were half lidded like he was struggling to keep them open, and the bags under them spoke for themselves.

"You haven't been sleeping, have you?" America said.

"No." Russia said bluntly, looking out the window.

"Why?" America asked, crossing his arms and looking at Russia with concern.

"You said that I told you everything when I was drunk. So answer that question for yourself." Russia replied back, rolling his eyes. America huffed at Russia's attitude, but he knew what Russia meant. He did already know why he wasn't sleeping, he just hoped Russia would say it himself.

"Yeah, yeah..." America sighed in understanding. "You know I'm here for you, whether you want me to be or not." Russia looked at America from the corner of his eye, as if he was thinking of saying something, but he just shrugged. "You could call me or text me anytime, even if it's 3 a.m, raining outside, or the zombie apocalypse. I'd still answer you and sneak out of my house if you needed me." America said sincerely, trying to catch Russia's gaze. The Russian just nodded silently, playing with a splinter of wood that was breaking off his window sill. America frowned, not getting the reaction he wanted.

"Look, Russia. What do I have to do to earn your trust? And if not your trust, then at least some kind of acknowledgement that I'm trying my best and I do really care about you? I really, sincerely do want you to happy, but I can't do anything if you won't let me!" He cried out, frustrated. Russia turned to look at him, surprised. He'd never really seen any sort of outburst, even a small one at that, from the American. It was a new experience. He saw the frown and furrowed eyebrows of America, and felt a tiny sliver of guilt pierce his chest. He let out a long, defeated sigh.

"I know you're trying. I know you care." He said slowly, turning his head back to America and closing his eyes. "I just don't want to fuck something up. I'll let you in, you'll leave. That's just how it is. That's how it's always been for me." He admitted, shrugging afterwards. America looked at him for a long moment, chewing his cheek.

"I won't leave you." He said. Russia opened his tired eyes and looked into America's.

"I've heard that before."

America messed with the string of his hoodie for a long minute before leaning over and hugging Russia. The taller country tensed up under his touch, but America didn't pull away. He just kept his arms wrapped around Russia and pressed his head to his chest. He could hear Russia's heartbeat thudding against his ear, and the sound comforted him. Russia was still tense for a while, and they both were silent before Russia spoke up.

"Do you promise?" Russia asked, his tone hesitant. America pulled back from the hug to look into Russia's eyes. He looked just as hesitant as he sounded, and America felt his heartbeat pick up as he realized Russia was letting his guard down, even if it would only be for a minute.

America gave a smile and raised up his pinky finger playfully.

Russia looked at his finger for a minute, but eventually he let out a long breath and caved in to he childish gesture, rolling his eyes a little and wrapping his pinky around America's.

"I promise."

-----

I'm sorry this took so long to make guys, instead of working on the chapter I was reading other fanfics and horror stories hehe... but this is here now :')

Love you all. ✊🏻👊🏻❤️