CHAPTER 4

Camryn's POV

My life had been tragic and miserable since my mom and dad died when I was twelve years old. I will never forget how my parents died in front of my own eyes and the person who had ended their lives leaving me alone and vulnerable. Sealing my fate to the one who had murdered them.

The one who killed them was my father's brother.

My uncle.

I was only a child back then, naive and unaware as to why they had to die at the hands of his own brother. They didn't even do anything that can harm others nor they aren't criminals either to sentence their lives to death.

My only memory of that time is that we are living happily and quietly in a place deep in the forest. Away from other wolfs like us.

I always asked my mom, why we are living alone and away from their pack.

They just often say that it's their choice and it's the life they want.

To live peacefully with no one who can hurt them, especially their only child.

And that was me.

I really didn't get at that time, why they are so protective of me. They never let me go play far from our home.

It's just us.

They never tell me the truth about them. About their pack.

About who they really are.

Until one day, that dreadful day for me.

Flashback:

I was about to go to sleep when my mom suddenly entered my room. She looks anxious and frightened. I feel like she's tense about something.

Sitting up from my bed, while she approached me and sat beside me. And that's when I noticed her eyes were puffy and red like she's been crying.

"What is it, Mom? Have you been crying?" confusion clouded my mind.

"Sweetheart, I know you have a lot of questions about our family, about us."

I nod my head and urge her to continue.

"And I know this is not the right time for you to know everything but I felt like I need to tell it to you now before anything happen to us."

"Don't speak like that Mom. Nothing bad will happen to us. As long as we are here. As long as we have each other."

My mom look at me as if it would be the last time she would see me.

"Oh my dear Camryn, my little sweetheart. You know that your father and I love you so much. That's why we want what's best for you. And that is why we keep you safe here, away from your father's pack. Because you are so precious to us and you are the gift of our love."

Her eyes are gleaming with unshed tears that are threatening to fall. She then holds my hand with hers. Sighing deeply as she continues to speak.

"We have already told you about what we are right? That we are werewolves."

I nod my head and smile at her.

"And about your own wolf. You will have your wolf when you reach the age of sixteen."

"Yes Mom, I already know about this. And I know you know that I'm really excited to meet her and be a part of each other. That I will never be alone anymore."

Mix emotions are filling me up about this conversation with Mom.

"Alright, then I will tell you about mates."