CHAPTER 41

Alexander's POV

It took everything in me to control my beast not to rip Samuel's head off! When I saw him get closer to my mate and I felt her inside all riled up and scared, I had to contain the anger that bubbled up in me. I don't want her to fear me and see me rip someone's head off!

I couldn't stop myself to go overprotective of her when I saw Samuel the way he look at my mate.

She was wearing the dress I had ordered out from the human territory. Seeing her wearing it, made the hunger in me burn up. Looking at her with her hair cascading down in her shoulder which was blocking the view of her neck. That's when I removed her hair away from her neck, for all to see my mark on her.

That she was mine!

I wanted to cage her in my arms. I wanted to be closer to her all the time. When I had left her in the bedroom earlier and went out to discuss some important things from her pack, I was itching to finish it all off so I could get back to her immediately.

I need to feel her now so I cornered her on the wall and buried my face in her neck. Her scent was the only thing that could calm my raging beast. But then I can't stop the need to touch her, to feel her against my skin. I was growing more and more obsessed with her and the need to claim her was pushing me to the edge.

But I can't. I have to be patient with her. I need her to trust me and give herself to me willingly. For now, kissing her is all that I could do.

We're having our dinner with my parents now so, we're heading our way to them and I'm sure they are now waiting for us.

As we walk our way towards the dining area, my mate kept her head down whenever we come across someone here in the castle with the guards and servants that stops and bowed down to us. She just kept her eyes down. I felt she was nervous and anxious about the wolves around her, I held her hand tightly against mine, making her feel that she doesn't have to feel tense about the wolves in the castle.

And I know, she's still not used to this kind of treatment but eventually, I know she will soon get used to this and be comfortable one day.

Arriving at the double doors of the dining area here in the castle, I felt her nervous and worried. Before ordering the guards to open the door, I look at my mate. Her eye's felt like she was going to cry from the fear that was settling on her.

"You'll do just fine. Don't be so nervous now love. They will like you, especially my mother, and besides my mother had already spoken to you?"

She just nod her head in response.

"So don't be too worried. Relax and just be yourself, okay love?"

I pressed a kiss to her head then nudge the guards to open the door.

Entering inside, I saw my parents were already sitting at the dining table. When my mother saw us enter, she stood up from her chair and walk up to us.

I thought she would greet me first and peck me on the cheek but then I was surprised when she go straight to my mate pulling her in a tight embrace and making her hands tear away from me. On the other hand, my mate was startled at what my mother did.

"Oh! My gracious! How are you dear? Are you alright now? Are you still in pain? What happened to you?" She hold my mate's hand and inspect her up and down as if something harmful had done to her.

"Here she goes again" grumbled my wolf.

I look at my mate to see what is her reaction toward my not-so-annoying mother. But she couldn't speak and didn't know how to answer back.