CHAPTER 19

Alexander's POV

I felt everything around me standstill when my eyes laid on the man I didn't expect to see.

I didn't know what to think.

I didn't know what to do.

I didn't know why.. Why on earth it had to be him?

Why it had to be you!

Malka

I stared at him just to make sure if it was really him, that my eyes aren't fooling me.

'It was really you..'

You are the Alpha of the rogues. But why?

'Why do you have to do this? Why do you have to go against me?'

There are so many questions I wanted to ask him right now. We're only a distance apart and yet I can't make a move to reach him. I was still a bit stunned when I saw him with my own eyes. When I had confirmed it myself that it was truly him.

But when my eyes traveled down to the shewolf he was carrying, I felt the world had stopped spinning. Everything in me had stopped functioning: my brain, my lungs.. my heart.. my wolf.

And when her eyes gaze up to me my heart started to beat differently. It pounds hard inside my chest and I can't take my eyes off of her. She had the most peculiar eyes I had ever seen. I felt like her eyes were telling me something that I don't know. That somewhere inside her wants to reach out to me. Her aura as a shewolf is different from the others, somewhere in my gut tells me this shewolf had something in her that I need to know.

My wolf stirred wildly inside me but I push him away and control him inside me.

'I need to be in control to face Malka.'

I have to pull back my eyes away from the shewolf and set back my eyes on the man that once had been close to me. As I drifted my eyes to him, a thunder hit the sky and Malka was looking at the shewolf in his arms. I suddenly felt a pang of jealousy about the way his eyes gaze down at her and that his hands were on her fragile body. My wolf had wildly boiled in anger deep within me and I felt the same. My eyes changed color from black to gold and I felt like I need to grab that shewolf away from   Malka! A sense of possessiveness suddenly bursts out of me over that shewolf. Another lightning strike again and this time our eyes met. Malka and I we're now looking at each other. Our intense gaze had my wolf on edge. The wolves around me felt uneasy for the power that I was giving was intensifying, emanating off of me that I can't stop myself but also to be on edge to the point that I was now struggling to keep a tight rein on my wolf.

I felt her eyes were on me but I struggle not to look at her. My only focus now should be on Malka.

'I need to confront him right now and end this chaos that he had made or else I had no choice but to seize him.'

My eyes never left Malka. I will show him that I will never back down from him. My eyes hold the determination to face him to resolve this once and for all.

'It's what we need. For the good of the kingdom.'

The rain continues to pour as my warriors held their position bearing their canines to the rogues across from us. Waiting for my signal to attack the rogues.

Still looking intently at each other, I was about to take one step forward when Malka shake his head at me with a wicked smile on his face. My wolf let out a low growl as Malka stepped backward and turn his back on us and started to run. He started to run away from us carrying the shewolf.

'He is now escaping! You are letting him run away? With the shewolf?' My wolf viciously growls at me but I put on the wall between us, blocking him off.