CHAPTER 5

Camryn's POV

"Finally, the last one" putting down the food at the buffet table "All done. Everything is set and ready" mumbling to myself as I take a look around.

I've finished all the decorations around the place. There's a small stage where Savannah could sit and greet everyone. Chairs and tables are scattered around where the guests and visitors could sit. At the center is a dance floor and colorful lights are everywhere that illuminate the whole place.

Slowly, the packs are coming one by one and I take it as a cue for me to leave. I dashed inside the kitchen to get my bag and run quickly into the woods.

Sighing in relief that I was now out.
"Ok, so we're done for today. What are you planning to do?" said my wolf to me.

"I'm planning to take a swim at the lake."

"Great idea!" she cheerfully responded.

I let her take control and shifted to my white wolf. No one has ever seen what my wolf is. Every time I shifted, I make sure that no one is around. I don't want them to see my wolf for she is all I have.

I heard rumors that white wolves nowadays are rare and they are exceptional.

One of a kind.

That's why I am extremely careful and cautious when it comes to my wolf.

She howled before running towards the lake. My wolf is very fast. She loves running. Her speed is rapidly fast. Maybe it's one of her abilities being a white wolf.

I feel like flying when we are running.

Like we are free.

Free from all the pain, loneliness, and suffering.

She slowed down her pace sensing that we were almost close to the lake.

We stopped in front of the lake and shifted. Standing all naked in my human form. I shivered slightly feeling the cold night air. Not wasting my time, I lowered my body into the cold water. Sinking to wash away my sorrows until I felt numb.

I sunked too long that when I emerged from the water, my teeth are already chattering and my body is trembling from the cold.

"You better get out of the water now before we die here from this cold water" suggest my wolf.

Coming out of the water, I suddenly heard a loud scream. My wolf perks up.

"What is that?" puzzled at what I heard.

"I think it's coming from the pack" responded my wolf.

I hurriedly picked up my bag beside a tree where I left it and quickly put on my jeans and shirt. Then I scurried run back to the pack.

Arriving at the pack ground, I was stunned at what my eyes is seeing. The place where Savannah's birthday celebration is being held, decorations, and tables and chairs that I arranged earlier are now all ruined.

Shifted wolves are everywhere and fighting!

Raising my nose in the air, I smelled something that does not belong to the pack.

Rogues.

I smell the rogues! And more rogues are coming!

We are under attack by the rogues!

I was terrified of what was happening. More screams can be heard around. I saw some of the rogues taking the she wolfs and dragging them away from the pack.