CHAPTER 38

Alexander's POV

I walk out of my bedroom with a heavy heart. I don't want to be away from my mate even just for a moment but damn these rogues! They have to be in the way now that I have the chance to be with my mate!

"Let's get this done so we could get back to our mate" sneered my wolf.

I head my way to the dungeon where we had kept all the rogues we had captured.

I was on my way when I come across my mother. She rush to me when she saw me. Her face is beaming with happiness and excitement.

"Son!" She cheerfully said and she pulled my face kissing me on the cheek.

She still does that to me even if I'm the Alpha King now, treating me like I was still his little boy.

"How are you? How is she? Is she okay? Why is she not with you? Where is she? I want to meet her!"

She bombarded me with question after question.

"Woah! Slow down, Mother."

"I'm just so excited son! I'm so happy that you already found your mate but I know it's been hard for the both of you especially for her for what happened."

"I had already talked about it to her last night and I know it's a lot for her to take it all in but I will be more patient to her."

"Well, that's good to hear!" Then she grabbed my arms "So, let's go to your mate! I want you to introduce me to her son!"

"I'm sorry Mother, I can't. I have something important to do right now and this can't wait." Taking off her hands from my arms and holding them "I do want you to meet her mother and for you both to get along with each other but then you know I have responsibilities that I need to attend to." I slumped my shoulder down and sighed.

She smiled back at me and caress my cheek.

"Alright, son. I understand. Maybe some other time."

"I can't take you to her right now but you can go to her and meet her mother."

Her face suddenly lit up with happiness and I felt a bit relief. I can tell she is excited to meet my mate.

"She needs someone she can talk to right now. Last night she hardly speak to me and she was just silent. I know she's been through a lot without someone beside her whom she can talk to and share all the pains she has."

Pressing her hands between mine and looking at her deeply.

"She might open up to you or feel more comfortable talking with you for you are both a shewolf. If there's another wolf who can understand her I think that would be your mother."

"You think son?"

"There's no harm in trying."

Then I heaved a deep sigh.

"I just want her to feel comfortable here. I wanted her to feel more at ease and loosen up a bit. And I know you can do it, mother."

She smiled at me lovingly.

"Thank you son for allowing me and trusting me to be with your mate."

"Of course I trust you mother! Of all the wolves in the kingdom, you and Father are the ones whom I trusted most. You are my parent's mother and you are both important to me."

She pulled away her hands from mine and fan it in her eyes.

"Oh! Son that's wonderful to hear and you made me cry!"