CHAPTER 48

Alexander's POV

I was in the office this whole day and once I'm done with the paper works for today I hurriedly went back to my room to finally be with her. I felt mad at myself for leaving her still sleeping this morning but I forced myself to get off the bed and so before leaving, I had left a note for her. At least in that simple way, she would feel that I am not ignoring her.

I hope that she finds it romantic and that she wouldn't be sad when she wakes up without me beside the bed. But when I get back to finally be with her after the long tiring day at the office to only find out that she's not in the room.

My mind wonder where could she possibly be. I went out of the room quickly to go and ask my mom but my feet had taken me down at the dungeon.

Her scent there was so strong and had me riled up.

Why did she go here in the first place? What did she do?

The guards and their wolves looked terrified when I asked them about her. They instantly told me what she did in there and I was very furious upon hearing it.

Why did she even do it to that sick she-wolf?

She could have been hurt or killed again by her!

And I will never forgive her this time if she did that to my mate!

So I rushed out to the dungeon and hurriedly went to find her.

And I found her in the room where that annoying little pup is.

I saw Denise inside together with his pup and I was really outraged to know that she was out and free.

When I saw my mate my anger changed into confusion. Of tormented anger towards what she did to Denise.

But then I can't feel angry towards her, I am not mad at her but for the ones who had caused her too much pain, and now she had the heart to reach out to them and give them something they don't deserve.

Her forgiveness and her love.

Staring at her now, looking at her out of all that she had been through. During the days that I had been with her, she had grown and changed into someone I never thought she would be.

I can't stand to be in this room, especially in one room with Denise and her pup.

I can't hold it anymore.

I want her.

I need to feel her.

My wolf let out a low growl and everyone in the room went still. They were silent and fretting, their eyes cast down.

I took heavy strides toward her and grabbed her hand to walk out of the room. Her hand was cold and shaking. And I felt bad for what she feels right now.

She feels anxious and guilty and I feel the same.

I feel guilty about my actions.

I took her inside our room and closed the door.

Silence filled us. I was searching for the right words to say or ask her about what happened to them between Denise.

Letting go of her hand, I heard her getting deep breaths before she finally break the silence.

"I'm sorry. I should have informed you first but I just can't wait and ah-I can't bear the pain to see her pup alone and sad without his mother. I understand if you're mad at me right now..."

Her face is full of emotion and guilt filled her. She was talking too much now and all she was saying were just passing by my ear. I don't understand what she was saying for my attention was not on the words that her mouth is saying but my eyes were frozenly staring at her lips.