CHAPTER 50

Camryn's POV

I let my wolf out for I can't no longer bear it. She can't bear the stares they were giving. The hurtful things and murmurings around us. I thought I was ready for this.

I thought wrong.

The pain of the past still hurts. Everywhere I look at had painful memories for me but then my wolf wrapped my heart with her courage and faith. Telling me to not be scared anymore of the wolves around me. Not mind what they were saying and just let them think what they want to think as long as our mate loves me as I am. And who I am.

And so I let go of my wolf. I now let go of her for them to see my beautiful wolf.

She is stronger than me and so I hold unto her, holding on to the courage she has. I may be weak and scared but then having her made me feel safe.

And she is right.

Enough of this pain. Of this hurt and suffering.

It's our time now to be happy and move on.

I am just so glad that my mate is here with me. In every step I take, in every word I say he always listens. He never got tired of listening to me, on waiting for me patiently.

From the very first day that I saw him in the forest while everything around me was full of fear and tension. When I had look into his eyes, everything around me was just a blur. He was so beautiful to look at. A man that is beautiful and magnificent as him. His ocean-blue eyes stared back at me making all in me became alive. That day, I had never forgotten his eyes.

How can I have a mate like him? To be mated to the Alpha King?

I didn't deserve him and he didn't deserve me to be his mate.

But as days passed by, my doubts slowly faded away. For he had shown me how important I was to him. How he had respected me, cared for me, and accepted me out of all that I'd been through. I had never thought that he would easily accept me.

I know to myself that I love him but I was just scared to show it to him and scared to be hurt and he might not love me back.

But then he's the only one who had fought for me. Accept me as I am. Had to love me for what I am.

And for that, I had love him even more.

"Because he is our mate, Camryn. He is our other half and no matter what happens he will always be ours and ours only."

That was the last words my wolf had told me before I let her out. Before she had convinced me that it was time now that I let her out. It was now alright for them to see her.

No more fear. No more threats. No more pain.

Because our mate is now here with us. Ready to protect us.

I stayed at the back, watching her as she run towards the forest. Wanting to be chased by her mate. I smiled to myself, feeling the happiness in my heart. How my wolf waited for this moment.

Thrills filled me as I watched the two of them.

"Catch me if you can, mate!"

She yelled back.

Our mate is fast but then I know my wolf. She runs so fast. This is her. Running for her is freedom.

Her legs sprang highly on the ground as her paws run fast while our mate slowly left behind.

"Don't run too fast wolf!" I said to her "We're leaving him behind!"

My wolf chuckled.

"Let him chase us! Let him see how fast we are" Then she winked.

Then she changed her direction. Her paws just slightly touched the ground as she continues to run fast heading to our favorite place.

Our haven.

At the lake.

She never slowed down her pace as she was enjoying every moment. The wind flowed freely on her fur. I can't even remember when was the last time I shifted.

This is her moment, so I just let her be where she is happy.

Our minds and heart were overflowing with happiness.

My heart feels more lightly than ever. After how I witnessed my mate's aggressiveness and how he protected me against my pack, I can't think of anything more but to show him how I was thankful for having him.

I suddenly remembered what my mother had said to me about having a mate and how she wish that my mate would love me, respect me, and protect me no matter what.

"Your wishes came true, Mom" I whispered to my heart as my wolf continue to run heading to the lake.

Once we arrived at the lake, my wolf stop and sat down beside the lake then look down at the water. Looking down at her reflection while the moon shone luminescent above us. Her white irises glowed beautifully with so much joy.

"I know you know what I am thinking, Camryn," said my wolf looking back at me as she stared down at the water.

I nod my head in response to her. And then she howled up above before I shifted back to my human form.

The chilly wind kisses my bare skin along with my hair blowing lightly behind me.

I nervously gulped down and my heart erratically beat inside as I sensed my mates' arrival. I felt his eyes roam down behind me. All my hair stood on end as his eyes swept through me.

"I thought the King runs so fast?" Turning my head to the side to glance at him.

His wolf growled lowly at me and it made my body tremble in excitement.

"Can you swim?"

I asked then turn back my attention to the lake in front of me and took a step towards the water.

"Come, my love."

I bravely said those last words as I continue to lower my body under the water.