CHAPTER 28

Alexander's POV

It's been a week had passed after the battle with the rogues. Many of my warriors had been injured and some are severely wounded but then again it's part of a war and for them, it was the victory that matters most. Fight with all your heart and soul to protect the ones you love. And as for me, I had fought with all of me just to save her. Even if it takes the life of the man whose been close to me and ends his life with my own hands.

'Not again' said my wolf irritatedly 'How many times do we have to talk about this huh?'

"I know" I retort back "I just-" and then I heave a deep sigh and shake my head at him and didn't respond anymore. Lifting the comforter from my body and standing up from my bed I walk straight to the bathroom. Stepping into the shower letting the warm water pour down on me while my thoughts drifted back from all the happenings the past few days.

A week had passed, and many things had happened and done. The problem about the shewolves had been solved since some of the rogues had died in the battle and few of them survived and are now all locked up in the dungeons. Soon will put their lives to death to thoroughly be gone of the mark and pains they had done to the shewolves. They are the reasons for the shewolves suffering especially the tortured feeling that they can't be able to feel the bond with their wolf. The only solution to that is to end the lives of the remaining rogues so no one would ever commit the same crime again and for all to witness what kind of punishment will be cast upon them whoever dared to try to harm the kingdom - My Kingdom! I will not let anyone just destroy the lives of my fellow wolves! Killing the rogues infront of everybody will be a warning to them all that I, their Alpha King will not tolerate their misbehaviors and mistakes or crimes! Every crime will have consequences that they have to face. So they'd be better be good or else they will face my wrath!

I tilt my head up, letting the water run down my face. I took a minute more under the shower just feeling the nice water on my skin to calm my nerves from all the stress and all the pressure I was in. It was a tough week for me and my wolf. The burden of knowing my mate is still unconscious and in deep sleep after she had collapsed in my arms that day. I took her immediately to the castle and had the best doctor check her, especially her wounds all over her body. I couldn't stop myself from barking orders to the doctors to heal her fast and do anything everything they can to treat her well and heal her fully. The castle was in full swing, all the staff, the maids even the guards are all distressed and their wolves felt anxious and disturbed by the way I give them orders on what to do. They all felt my anger on heights, I nearly go Berserk on the second day to the doctor as to why is she not waking up. I was afraid she might not wake up and just sleep forever. The doctors said her body is taking its time to heal. She was overly hurt and so exhausted that her body gave up from the multiple pains and injuries she got. And so every day and every night I stay by her side and didn't leave her even for a minute. I take care of her, clean her body up, change her clothes, and never let anybody or anyone touches her except only her doctors. There are wires connected to her chest to monitor her heartbeat and an oxygen mask on her face to help her breathe.

At night I sleep beside her bed on a small couch and hold her hand. I would wake up in the middle of the night to her screams and cries while she was still in deep sleep. Even in her sleep, the torture and suffering she had been through haunted her never leaving her. I felt tormented to see her crying and her face that was full of hurt. I don't even know what to do. I would call for her doctors even in the middle of the night and soon the castle would be awoken also by my loud and angry roars.
The doctor took a syringe containing a yellowish liquid and was about to give it to her. My wolf felt furious at first to see her mate would be hurt by the syringe and what kind of medicine they would be giving her that might get her harm and won't wake up anymore. I tried my best to rein him in and just let the doctors take care of her. He had no other choice but to follow and keep silent at the back of my mind. After the doctors injected the yellowish liquid into her arm, slowly her body would calmed down and her cries would die down and her erratic heartbeat would be back to its normal beat. It rends my heart to recall those nights and I couldn't do anything but just hold her in my arms and whispered soothing things to her.