CHAPTER 18

Camryn's POV

I felt like I was on fire, as I woke up. My whole body is quivering from different pains that I can no longer bear. A pitiful, muffled groan flow out from me as I tried to move my body. I wanted to sit and call someone to get me a glass of water. I am so thirsty, I felt like my throat was in a desert, so dried out and rough that when I gulp it hurts. I remembered that I hadn't been able to get the chance to eat when Ivan brought me some food and Malka showed up from the room and whipped me to death. I don't know how would I help myself to heal knowing that my bond with my wolf was complicated.

'Where are you, my wolf? Please, I really need you right now... I can't take this anymore.'

I tried to reach my wolf again and again but still nothing happen. I really need something or someone right now. I forcefully opened my eyes and blinked back over again for it was been closed for too long before I could get used to opening them. At first, my sight was a bit blurry and all I could see was just a fog and all blurred but once my eyes had been adjusted I saw Malka pacing back and forth nervously.

"It wouldn't take him too long to find me here." I heard him say, mumbling to himself "I have no other choice right now but to face him. I have no other option anymore to hide. Nevertheless we would still meet once again no matter how far or how long I hide from them" he then let out a small wicked smile that confuses me.

'Aren't he afraid to get caught and be punished or worst die?'

But that wouldn't be my problem anymore if it would come to that. In fact, I would be happy to see him get tortured! Like he had done to me!

'That bastard rogue deserves a ruthless punishment!'

"Besides, I would be thrilled to see him once again. What would his reaction be once he sees me."

What is he talking about? He is really insane!

But I didn't bother anymore to listen to his mumblings for I was really thirsty now so I tried to say a word.

"Wa...water.." came my weak voice just above a whisper "Please, I ne-need water.." I groan more as I was now in so much pain and to even say a word made me more miserable for every inch of my body was screaming in agonizing pain. But I know he would definitely hear me and he would feel it in our bond.

He stopped pacing and I felt him move towards me. He lift me and lay my head on his lap. I let out a cry for touching my body. It was very painful to move. I can feel my back was like stabbing over and over again as the shooting ache jolts every nerve in my body. I helplessly cried on his lap, my tears falling on his knees.

"Hush now, mate," he said in a soothing voice, caressing my hair "For now, we need to be patient and save your strength until I can figure out how will I get back to my hiding place and heal you."

I mentally roar at him on my mind.

'You fucking rogue! You had the nerve to mark me as your mate and yet you couldn't do a thing to help your mate!'

Malka, you are really pathetic!

He just kept caressing my hair and talking sweet things to me but I zoned out to him instead I focus my mind to call my wolf once again. But still, nothing happened.

The little strength had left in me was once again had gone and I became more and more weak every minute. Reaching my wolf made me drained and worn out and that made me pass out once again.

~~~~~~~¤¤¤~~~~~~~

I was awakened by a commotion that I felt around me. I tried to open again my eyes to see what was happening but before I could open them, I heard a loud cry. A pitiful wail echoed throughout the place and it turn out that the sound I was hearing was coming out from me. I screech and writhe from the pain I was in. I was struggling to breathe and felt like I was losing air from the pain continuously flowing at my back.