CHAPTER 21

Camryn's POV

We've been running forever. My back aches from the tight hold of Malka and how long he's been carrying me. The rain had stopped and it was already getting dark. Malka had been stiff and his face is grim since he saw that black wolf. I can feel his anger on the bond making me feel uneasy and nervous. I let out a groan for I can't no longer stand the pain at my back. He needs to lay me down for it really hurts now. Malka looks down at me and I felt that he feels my pain through our bond. He took a deep breath and his eyebrows furrowed before he ordered the others to stop for a while and take some rest. And besides, it's getting dark now and we need to stop for the night and rest. But I don't know where exactly we are heading.

Malka put me down and lay my back on a tree and once again I groan when my back hits the rough tree.

"If you had just behaved like a good mate,"  Malka said to me and I gave him a hard look.

"If you really care for the shewolf that you force to be your mate! You wouldn't dare to hurt her!" I angrily spat at him. His eyes changed color, his wolf forcing his way to be in control. His jaw clenches and he closes his eyes.

"Don't test me, again!" He screams and he slaps me hard on my cheek. The pain in my back is already unbearable and yet again another pain is hitting me. He grab my jaw as a tear landed on his fingers. His eyes narrowed at me "You will submit to me! A shewolf like you will only yield to their mate!" His face came closer to me "All of you is mine!" Then he let go of me and stands up.

I felt small. Little small at myself. He humiliates me in front of others and hurt me like I'm some kind of a criminal. I sense the rogues' sickening look on me.

'Is it really like this to treat a mate? Be ruled by your own mate and you don't have a say in everything?'

Then I no longer want one! I no longer want to have my true mate if it feels like this! If this is the way to treat a mate!

Then there's no way in hell I would find my true--

My thoughts suddenly stop for I remembered my wolf.

'There's no way I would find him.. but my wolf needs him..'

I heave out a sigh.. but I need you more..

'Whether you like it or not you have to find your true mate!' Said my guilty conscience.

I sit upright against the tree but failed to do so. This is really hopeless. When will I ever heal?

I weep silently.

'I just hope that the black wolf that I saw would save me..'

When I think of him something is swarming inside me making me feel my wolf's little presence. Something tells me that he's not an ordinary wolf like the others.

'I do hope so that he would come and save me.'

I saw Malka start to walk away from me and I felt a little relief. At least, he wouldn't hurt me more for I was already severely in pain.

As I watch him walk away someone grab me by the neck and I was startled which made me gasp. My heart beat fast when someone whispered in my ear and I trembled upon hearing the voice.

The voice I know too well.

"Don't try to make a sound.." he whispered. I was about to scream when he pointed something sharp at my neck "Scream and you will die this instant."

"What do you want from me?" I whispered yell back to him.

"I'm taking back what is mine!"