CHAPTER 35

Alexander's POV

"You have to mark her now"

My father's words had me stopped for a moment. What he said repeatedly played in my head.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Rigidly said my wolf.

I creased my brows with a tight-lipped looking at my mate. I had never thought nor didn't imagine that I'll mark my mate in a situation like this. Never in my greatest dream, this will happen. Marking her without her even knowing. I had dreamed that I will mark my mate by her will and that she would accept me wholeheartedly and proudly show off my mark to everyone.

But if I mark her now and that she would live surely and knowing that I had marked her she would be hurt and feel ashamed, she just might think that I had only marked her just to save her life and not because to be my mate, but to save her.

'If that's what it needs to save her then I'll do it to bring her back.'

Glancing back at my father, he patted my back. His eyes tell me what needs to be done with a tight smile. Then I look at my mother and nudge her head at me in approval. Then they both stand up and step aside, giving me some privacy and a moment to mark my mate.

My wolf and I, both feel nervous and scared at the same time.

What if it didn't work? What if she didn't still wake up after we had marked her? What if--

"Damn, those 'What IF's!' Just do it! Mark her now!" My wolf said frantically.

Not wasting any more time, I leaned down on her and slightly tilt her head to the side to gain more access to her neck. Breathing deeply and inhaling her scent which was so intoxicating.

"Okay, this is it!" Eagerly whispered my wolf.

I hold her tight and whispered to her 'I'm sorry' before marking her and solemnly closed my eyes.

As I open them, my Golden irises are fully dilated, my canines elongated and slowly I leaned closer and bite down my teeth on her delicate skin. Tingles abruptly explode inside me upon sinking in my canines at her neck. Sparks crawled all over my body. A warm sensation filled me as I deepened more of my mark on her. Something alive and different feeling has awakened somewhere inside me. My wolf vigorously felt more alive and more spirited. My body felt stronger and more solid. Then something enticing and intense power swirled inside me. Something powerful was forming inside us of our wolf.

A sudden gust of wind swiftly emerges out of nowhere, rustling the trees around. Everything around me suddenly felt more lively.

And slowly I withdraw my canines from her. Before pulling away I gently laid a kiss on her neck where I had marked her. Blood drifted down my chin and I simply wiped it off.

"Now, we have to wait for her to wake up and come back to us," my wolf said patiently.

I look down at the shewolf in my arms. This is the shewolf that the Moon Goddess had destined me to be with.

She's now mine! My mate!

'So, please open those beautiful eyes that I've been longing to see. Wake up now and come back to me. Come back to us..'

I patiently waited for her or for anything that should happen right after I had marked her. I held her body tight and prayed for her. I silently prayed to the Moon Goddess that my mark would save her life.

And then I sensed Paul's arrival with him was two wolves which I assume are the doctors. They stopped right behind my father and mother with a baffled look on their faces but I didn't bother to glance at them.