Chapter 30.

*    *    *    *

Bumblebee had noticed his human friend on the screen making strange facial expressions, as if she was listening to someone talk.

"Thank you." She said.

"Who are you thanking?" Bendy asked her.

"Oh uh, its nothing. Just thinking aloud..." she replied.

The Demon just looked back down at the water, watching it as the boat began slowing down. Sky took notice of this and looked towards the others. They were in a huddle as they were discussing what to do. Sky and Bendy looked at each other for a moment, and back to the humans. The huddle then broke apart as Jonas and Suyin leaned on one edge of the boat.

"The cage can withstand 100,000 pounds of pressure, it won't break. You sure you can do this?" Jonas said.

"I can do this dive, as I've done several before with large sharks." Suyin told him.

This made Sky and Bendy approach them, "With all due respect Suyin, you may have experience with today's sharks and marine life, but the Megalodon is something we know nothing about. I think you should be extra careful in that thing. Don't you think?" Sky argued.

"Of course, that is why it is made of the strongest materials to date." Suyin says.

Sky nodded. Bendy stayed by her side and smiled slightly, his teeth somewhat exposed. Jonas and Suyin made their way towards the "indestructable" shark cage. The human glanced towards the Ink Demon.

"Are you as skeptical as I am about that shark cage?" She whispered.

"Oh definitely." He whispered back.

She looked rather concerned, then sighed. Sky then leaned against the edge of the boat, looking down at the water. Curiosity and wonder filling her eyes, she stared into the deep blue depths. The Ink Demon beside her looked down at the water as well, seeing nothing. He glanced at her with much confusion.

"Whatchya doin?" He asks.

"Just looking down at the water, the gem might be down there." She replied.

"Judging by how you're looking, you look more curious." Bendy said.

"Well, the ocean hasn't been fully charted. Only 5 percent has been explored, and thousands of new species have been discovered in that 5 percent. Who knows what lies within the uncharted 95 percent?" She says.

That caused the Ink Demon to look surprised, not expecting the answer from the human. By this time, Suyin had gotten into the indestructable shark cage as it was being lowered into the water. Sky and Bendy turned their heads to the sinking shark cage.

"Good luck, Suyin." Sky whispered.

Just then, a loud beeping cane from the computers. Catching everyone's attention, they approach the loud and irritating sound. Jonas along with the short man were examining the computers, a radar showing an orange blinking light remaining stagnant.

"That's not the Meg, I think it's that source of unknown power once again." The man said.

That caught Sky's attention for sure.

"The power source? It didn't show up a few minutes ago." She says.

"It's very weird why it would only appear now, and it seems much stronger than before." Jonas said.

She went and looked over the edge again, then to the water, crane with the lowered shark cage.

"I need to go down and get it. I know what the source is." Sky said.

Everyone turned their heads to look at her, disapproving looks on each of their faces. Including Bendy, who crossed his newly formed muscular arms.

"Absolutely NOT. We aren't letting a child go diving into at least 500 feet straight down with giant prehistoric sharks." The bearded man said.

"First, I'm not a child. I'm almost 20 years old. Second, who said anything about diving? Don't you have anything safer to go down there in? Like a mini sub or RC drone?" She asked.

The short man shook his head, "Not here with us at the moment, everything is back at the station. And really, almost 20? You look 16."

Sky nodded, "I get that a lot. But I need the power source, and the sharks shouldn't be all that interested if I'm not making any panicked movements. I've watched enough Shark Week to have an idea of what to do."

The scientists were still showing that they were not convinced, but they were contemplating. But Bendy was still disapproving of this idea. The Demon appeared harder to convince as the scientists stepped away and formed into a small huddle. Sky took another look at the crane that lowered the shark cage into the water, it was motionless with the exception of a slight sway from underwater currents.

She then turned her attention back out at the water, very small waves splashing onto themselves. The scientists then turned back to the teenager and Ink Demon.

"As crazy and dangerous as we think your idea is, we can't stop you from diving down and retrieving the strange source. But if you get eaten, thats your own fault." Jonas said.

"Fair enough. So do you have any spare diving wetsuits?" She asks.

"Yes actually, in the supply closet. The spare wetsuit might be a little big on you though." Jonas pointed to a door.

Sky nodded and walked into the closet and began looking around on shelves for the wetsuit. She did see many other things for diving equipment such as full face masks, oxygen tanks, flippers, and many other things. The wetsuit was neatly folded and resting on the shelf lowest from the floor, she grabbed it and unfolded it. The suit, now at full length, looked around half an inch bigger. Sky then shut the door so she could change.

A few minutes later, she emerged from the closet with the dark grey wetsuit on. It looked loose in a few places, but otherwise alright. She had a used hair tie to tie her hair into a ponytail to keep it out of her face. She already had the flippers on and held a mask and oxygen tank in her hands. Sky smiled.

"Can I have a little help with this being fit?" She asked.

"I'll help you out." Jonas said.

He began helping by first putting the oxygen tank onto her back, fitting it so it wouldn't be loose while swimming. Then by attaching the correct oxygen tubes into the mask, making sure they were firmly locked. Once he was finished, Sky put the mask on. She tightened the straps so it would fit snug and no air could escape.

She approached the back of the boat, stepping onto the edge and staring down at the water. The relic locked upon her wrist, her diving gear in working order, everything was fitted. She was ready to dive. But before she did, a black inky hand landed on her shoulder. Sky turned her head towards Bendy.

"If something goes wrong, don't expect me to go in after you." He warned.

"I didn't expect you to, wish me luck." She said.

Bendy sighed and backed away, removing his hand. Sky looked down at the water, first sitting down and sliding her feet into the water to not make much drastic movement. She sat for a moment, taking a deep breath.

"Here we go..." She then slid into the water and was completely submerged.