Chapter 40.

Hours passed, the others had awoken to sunshine through the trees onto them. The raptor was the first to open her red reptile eyes, standing from her previous sleeping position. Stretching herself out, she let out a yawn which exposed her large teeth. The Ink Demon stood and did the same. Springtrap was already awake as he did not sleep, and Ratchet had transformed into his bipedal form. The human was still asleep.

Blue noticed that Sky was still asleep, her back to the others. The dinosaur used her muzzle and nudged the young girl's neck, making her groan.

"5 more minutes..." She mumbled.

"Wakey wakey, little girl.." Bendy chuckled.

The human moved slightly, a gasp escaped her.

"Something wrong?" Ratchet asked.

Sky turned over to reveal her hands, but something was wrong. They were now a dark grey, a very metallic color, but also mended with her skin. Her fingertips were grey and blue grey claws, and as it got to the relic it became more organic. Part of the relic was mended into her skin, as if it was becoming part of her now changing body. She looked panicked, then took a deep breath. But the others were still concerned.

"Don't panic...Maybe I was thinking of something while I was asleep. I can make myself normal again like before. Back to normal please.." She said to the relic.

But nothing happened, which caused her eyes to widen.

"Sis can you uh, make me be back to normal, please?" Sky repeated.

"I can't..! I'm trying but I can't do anything! I can't even transform and get off!" The relic spoke as it tried to transform.

Sky winced as the relic was trying to transform, tears forming immediately.

"Ow ow! That hurts!" She breathed.

The relic ceased. Springtrap took a hold of her arm, getting a better look at what was occurring. Ratchet kneeled to look as well, a blue beam coming from his wrist in order to scan her. She remained still so the scan could be completed, a beep sounding as he finished. The medic analyzed the results.

"It would seem the relic is merging with your skeletal and muscle tissue structure, causing you to morph along with it. I've also found evidence of previous recent injuries. Such as broken bones, a large flesh wound upon your shoulderblade and face." Ratchet explained.

"Don't ask how those happened." Bendy mumbled.

"Well is there anything as to why it's merging with me?" The human asked.

"As far as I can see now, no." The medic answered.

She sighed, glancing at her now metal hands, then reached for her bag and inserted one hand into it. Blue approached the human and stuck her muzzle into the bag, making Sky chuckle.

"Blue, I don't got anything for you in this bag." She snickered.

"What are you looking for?" The animatronic asked.

"In order to walk around and NOT be called out by other people about my new metal hands, I'm looking for a pair of gloves I packed in here. While driving, nobody's gonna really notice." Sky had pulled out a pair of black winter gloves.

She slid the gloves over her hands, they seemed to just fit over them as the gloves were slightly large for her anyway. She nodded as they seemed to cover her hands pretty well.

"Oh sure, nobody's gonna question the winter gloves when it's summer." Springtrap said sarcastically.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. But for now we should get back on our way to Chicago." She went towards the car.

The raptor lifted her head from the bag and trotted towards the car, squabbling at her. The human turned towards Blue, opening the back door for her to get in. Blue got into the backseat like she did before as Sky shut the door behind her.

"Alright, who rides up front and who's in the trunk this time?" She asked her 2 compatriots.

"Perhaps that isn't necessary." Ratchet transformed into his vehicle form.

"Wait, you want to come as well?" Sky asked.

"I do owe you for diverting those humans." Ratchet said.

"You're welcome for that by the way. So I guess you two guys can ride with Ratchet. We better leave now, we got maybe another 8 hours until we get there." She got into the drivers seat.

The Demon and Animatronic got into Ratchets vehicle form without another word, then they began to drive.

*     *     *     *

After driving for the majority of the day, we finally made it to the outskirts of Chicago without any trouble. It's around 4 pm, so it's not that late. I got out of the car to stretch my stiff legs, Blue let herself out once again. Seriously, she's smart. Ratchet pulled up behind us soon after, my two guys getting out as well.

"Much more pleasant than riding in the back of a car." Bendy said as he approached.

"I figured. Well we're there, but I'll go into the city and look for a specific building. As much as I love you guys, you gotta stay here until I come back. But we WILL go into that place if I can find it, and I'm sure I will. So you guys hang tight here." I got back into my car.

"Wait, how long are you going to be gone?" Springtrap came up to my window.

"Hopefully not long. I mean, if you guys had a phone I could call you when I found it."

"Not a problem, I already have your contact information in my databanks." Ratchet transformed.

"Huh, well then. Okay. I'll be back as soon as I can find it, I'll follow my gut on this one. Stay out of sight." I pulled away in the car.