1. so it begins

1. so it begins

"Darling, could you bring your old pops some lemonade?"

I carefully closed my novel I had been reading and called back down to my granddad "Sure thing, just a minute"

Like all classic stories, my parents died in a car crash when I was just 12 years old. Since then, my grandfather had, had full custody over me and I loved him to death.

In 5th grade when Billy Collins had called granddad an "old geezer" I had shoved mulch from the playground up his nose. No one told on me, and Billy didn't want to be deemed a snitch for the rest of 5th grade, so he kept his mouth shut.

Since then, everyone knew my grandfather wasn't a topic to be discussed rudely, and well if they did talk about him, it was never to my knowledge.

I fixed granddad an ice cold glass of lemonade, even going as far as adding a lemon wedge on the side of the glass. However, it didn't quite turn out as neat as I thought it would.

When I pushed the lemon down on the side of the glass, juice squirted into my eyes.

Now I'm sure all of us have had lemon juice squirted into our eyes before, and we all know how painful that shit is.

I squealed and almost dropped the glass of lemonade if it hadn't been for my brother, Klaus, who had just walked into the kitchen.

My brother is 25, going on 26, he's a real estate agent, not a very successful one, but he has a degree and brings in a steady income. He still lives with my granddad and I, claiming that we need a man with muscle to watch over the household. Really, my brother just needs a place to stay where the rent is cheap.

Klaus carefully took the glass of lemonade from me and placed it on the kitchen counter before dragging me over to the sink. "You my dear sister, are a klutz" he tsked

I would have rolled my eyes, but I knew that my lemon-juiced eye would probably never make it back down again. Granddad suddenly piped up "Where my lemonade at!?" Klaus jumped from the sudden roar, but I simply giggled.

Impatient old man, he was.

"It's coming old man!" I yelled back.

He snorted, something he calls his form of laughter.

"It's just lemon juice" I reassured Klaus, who looked like he was convinced my eye was about to turn green and run away. "If you say so" He murmured warily making his way towards the refrigerator. I rolled my eyes as my brother's true intent was revealed...to get a goddamn twinkie

Another roar from granddad had me nearly breaking my neck to take his long overdue lemonade to him.

It was 9:30 when I fell into a heap of exhaustion on my bed. My lips were puckered from drinking such a vast amount of sour lemonade and then brushing my teeth afterwards. My back ached from carrying my mega-large book bag all day, and my waist was still burning from Anthony's sensual touch. It was unnerving me.

So I did was any normal, hormonal, teenage girl does in a situation like this--

I took out Mr. Wiggles

"You look like you've had a long night" Mr. Morgan, my homeroom teacher remarked as I sulked into the classroom after the world's shortest weekend. "Nothing like that" I said in response, and so Monday began.

The day was normal, I was as unnoticeable as possible and Gabby ignored me, probably thinking Anthony was planning to beat me to a pulp today. Wait, was he...? I shuddered a bit with fear.

My worry soon turned into full-blown panic.

I knew something was different the moment I came into 5th period. Anthony was always the first to class since 3rd grade but today, he was late.

Even Mrs. Gable's frown was less harsh and more curious as she stared at Anthony's vacant seat with silent awe.

One-by-one, my classmates filed in, each of them casting a curious glance at Anthony's empty seat. Then the bell rang, and everyone, including me, inhaled sharply. He was truly late now.

Anthony

"I'm sick and tired of you hiding behind your pequena cloak of shame like some insecure muchacha! I've let it go on for too long now, now take it off"

The one person I always obeyed was my father, however today, I was breaking that rule.

"and if I don't?" I barked right back.

He stopped, obviously put off by my aloofness, "I'll call your sister" one point for Dad.

"Call her" I shrugged, feigning ignorance. "You won't be allowed out past 7" he continued. I whirled around on the kitchen stool I was sat at, "You know work starts at 10 every night Dad"

Like the complete asshole that my Dad is capable of being, he shrugged like I had, moments earlier. "I can work longer shifts"

"You'll kill yourself" I growled

"Then let me die, in honor, for my family"

I took the hood off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's kinda short, and a bit of a rocky start but I hope you all enjoy it so far :)

also, I know that in spanish the modifiers usually come after the subject but my Spanish kinda sucks so I just change random english words to spanish whenever Anthony or his father speaks, I'm sorry if that bothers anyone who speaks Spanish fluently, If it does, just let me now c:

Thanks so so so so so so so much for reading,

- Sheva

(lmao, yes, i'm even leaving the old author's notes)

I'll just do this thing where I include my current thoughts at the end of each chapter

2019 current thoughts: wow, i was really obsessed with mulan with the whole 'in honor for my family' line. Funnily enough, i didn't do that on purpose lmaooooooo