2. no one's child

2. no one's child

It was nearing the end of 5th period, and everyone was freaking out because Anthony Locking was absent.

Anthony was the smartest boy in class, he may have never participated in the discussions- but his test grades pulled through.

He had perfect attendance, and was always on time to school.

Today was the day that everything would change, or so we thought.

♥♥♥

I excused myself from 5th period early, Mrs. Gable was kind of out of it today. Even she was in shock from Anthony's absence.

It was sort of dramatic in my opinion really, if Anthony wanted to be absent for a day why was that such a great epidemic of gossip?

So I decided to go on with my day normally, although I was shocked too- it wore off initially.

Then something magical happened. I was looking in the mirror of my locker when I noticed a figure behind me,

And for some reason I knew it was him. Maybe it was the impressive height, or the way he stood- but something informed me that this guy in front of me was Anthony Locking.

Call me Houdini or whatever

I couldn't quite put into words what Anthony looked like, but for the sake of documentation, I suppose I could try

He had wispy black hair, it sort of curled around his face naturally, which brought attention to his cheekbones.

They were more defined than the average male's, but not freakishly so. Don't even get me started on his lips, they were plump and deliciously pink. His well-defined cupid's bow highlighted them well. The kind of lips you could fantasize about kissing without shame- his skin was of course naturally tanned from his Hispanic origins, but the most startling feature about him was his eyes.

I couldn't quite put a finger on the color, it was something between purple and blue. They were perhaps the most unusual eyes I had ever seen.

I was so focused on admiring his toned physique that I didn't notice the look of complete and utter revulsion he was giving me.

Well, at first I thought it was me...but then I looked behind me and realized he had been staring at the mirror in my locker the entire time.

I watched in complete confusion as he walked away from the mirror, to a nearby locker and retrieved a hoodie, he slipped it on in mere seconds- right as the bell signaling the end of 5th period rang and students began to file out of their classes.

Anthony turned toward me, and there was something in the shadows of his face that let me know that I wasn't supposed to tell anyone he wasn't a toad hiding behind his hoodie.

So for whatever reason, I subtly nodded, and the unspoken barrier was decided.

♥♥♥

It was a few days after the whole 'Anthony's Absent' incident.

Surprisingly so, Anthony's face left my memory quickly.

There had been times I had tried to attract male attention and failed miserably.

I refused to add Anthony to that list