36. the confrontation

Anthony's POV

There are moments when you forget how to breathe. Moments where you feel yourself about to relaspe into that state of mind you previously had.

15, fighting my demons, struggling to keep my will to remain alive.

I contemplated suicide, I did.

But Graciela...

My Father...

and now-

Felicity

The only option I had was to put on a front like I was a man, even if I was still that little boy curled into a ball- shouting into his pillow when everyone else was asleep.

Even if in slumber I still felt her nails gliding against my skin-

I'd deal with it.

Felicity's POV

"Hey, niña, I have to go- Graciela wants to have a movie marathon tonight."

That was what he told me, but the foggy look in his eyes told me something else. Something was wrong, but I knew now wasn't the time to pry.

I could only hope that whatever it was would turn out better in the end.

He didn't smile, or swat me teasingly, or even give me a second look. He simply left.

I badly wanted to go after him, to ask what was wrong- but I knew one thing about Anthony was for sure. If he didn't outright tell you something on his own, then chances were he wanted to keep it to himself.

Let's be honest, he's like 6'5" or something and toned as shit- how the hell would I get someone as imposing as him to spill their secrets?

I'd get squashed like a bug.

So I left it alone, watching him leave with what I was sure was a torn expression on my face. Adding onto that, Klaus was demanding that I have a sit-down with him

Yet another person to explain the situation with Melvis to- this was the last time I wanted to relive that experience by taking the time to explain it. Even though Klaus heard everything I said to Anthony, I wanted it to be clear to him too- and still there was Ansley.

I contemplated calling Ansley so I could break it to them both at once, but somehow I felt that would be wrong. I owed it to my brother to tell him alone, we were family.

Sure, Ansley deserved to know too- she was my friend for years when we were younger, and still now as she stuck up for me during school- but my brother deserved to have this moment with me.

A solo moment where I would explain to him why I did it in depth, how I was going to get through this, and where I was going to go from here- and also...why I never planned on telling him in the first place.

We sat down solemnly, facing off with each other with stoic expressions.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Klaus's voice was solid and firm. There was no way I was escaping from this discussion without completely delving deep into my most reasonable explanations.

"Klaus...you know how you are."

His lips parted in protest, but I held up my hand to stop him from speaking.