41. the manifestation

Sometime later, we separated from the kiss. Both of us were breathless, and I knew we were probably thinking the same exact thing.

Did that really just happen?

I never imagined that my dream would become a reality- and definitely not after he told me something so personal. It wasn't my intention to kiss him at first, but as I had looked into his eyes I had seen something akin to a plea. I put all of my comfort into that kiss, and my own pain, I spoke with my lips-

I wanted him to know that I was there, I wasn't going anywhere- and I wasn't the least bit disgusted by him.

We stood there staring at each other. Anthony was wearing an expression similar to awe on his face, and me? I was sure my expression was almost the same.

"Um..." I murmured.

Then slowly, his lips curved into a smile.

"You have really soft lips."

I hit his shoulder, resisting the urge to run away like a hot tomato or something like that.

"Was that your first?"

He continued by proceeding to embarrass me.

"I wouldn't have known in the middle, but in the beginning you kind of fumbled a bit."

It was a good way to break the awkward atmosphere, but it was embarrassing on my part.

"Well my bad for not eating your face like you ate mine."

Anthony laughed, arching an eyebrow cockily.

"I heard that little gasp you made when I pulled your bottom lip with my--"

"Let's just watch the damn fireworks." I barked, shoving him out of my way.

Unfortunately the fireworks only lasted for another 10 minutes and then the sky was dark again. I expected it to be awkward after kissing Anthony, but now the air just had an undercurrent of electricity. As if we were still running off of a high, somehow our lips met again.

This time I put in work, and judging by the smile that was curving Anthony's lips against mine- he liked it.

It didn't last as long as I wanted it to, which would have been all night- but the parking lot was slowly clearing out and there was nothing left to watch but the dull rocks.

"Ready?" Anthony asked. His voice came out sounding a little hoarse and I smirked internally already knowing the cause.

Or it could have been from him crying.

Then again, I still had some things to say about what he told me before we kissed.

We sat in the parking lot for quite some time, just living in the moment...and if it wasn't just my imagination I wasn't the only one who didn't want the night to end.

Eventually I decided I had to say something, or at least try to comfort him verbally. Just a couple of kisses couldn't heal something as deep as that.

"I'm not disgusted by you. Only a crazy person would point the finger at you for what happened when you were little."

He remained silent

"Your eyes are...gifts. As everyones' are. You can see with them and they're beautiful-"

On cue, our eyes met.

"-and so warm."

He dramatically rolled his eyes at me, smirking slightly but I wasn't done.