11. school spirit

11. school spirit 

"Anthony!"

For the fifth time since Monday, that tall, fatheaded, pussy of an oaf, walked away from me.

ME

The great and powerful Felicity Walker.

Obviously he wished death upon himself, once I cornered him- It would all be over.

Which was...right about now, seeing as it was lunch and he had nowhere to go since I was stalking him, literally at his heels.

"Why did I befriend you again?" He muttered.

"You wanted a taste of the caramel frappe, why else?"

He chuckled but said nothing. I rolled my eyes at myself, why couldn't he have flirted and said something like:

"Who wouldn't want a taste?"

or

"Damn right I do."

or

"Spread 'em"

Preferably the last one, but you can't always get what you want. Speaking of spreading.. I still wasn't sure if Anthony had messed around with Gabby in the storage closet, and honestly, I didn't want to know.

I was just about to round the corner that Anthony had just rounded himself when a figure with blonde hair bounded over to me.

It was no one other than Gabby herself.

"Guess what?!"

She squealed.

Her green eyes glittered with excitement, and instantly dread began to build up inside of me.

There was only one person Gabby approached me about...

"Anthony and I did the dirty in the closet..." She whispered dramatically. Her confession hung heavily in the air.

I felt my throat close up for a moment, and for a second I wanted to punch her- punch someone, maybe myself- I didn't know, but just as I was about to throttle the living daylights out of her...I regained my senses.

"Oh..that's um cool..."

Gabby grinned, showing off a row of pearly white teeth, straight teeth, perfect teeth.

Unlike mine, I had a slight overbite.

Of course, what ever made me think I stood a chance with Anthony after Gabby saw his face. He was a goner the moment she caught a glimpse of those enchanting eyes.

"No hard feelings right, I mean it won't be awkward that you know because you're like his little friend or whatever."

She casually applied a coating of chapstick as she waited for my reply, and with nothing else to say- I simply shrugged.

"Also, Thony told me about how you needed others to join the Music Festival, and I've decided that I'll do it. No need to ask me, I used to lead chorus in middle school. Hope you don't mind a little competition fam."

She smirked at me.

I did mind

I also didn't want her calling me fam, how dare she- even if it was a fast-spreading trend these days, but in no way were we close enough for that friendly term.

Finally, after checking her reflection in a little compact mirror she pulled from her purse, she sauntered away.

I no longer wanted to hunt Anthony down.