4. no new friends?

4. no new friends?

"Is it true..Is she seriously friends with the creep now?"

"He probably blackmailed her, or maybe she blackmailed him. She looks desperate enough to do that."

To my own surprise, the second bit of gossip I heard had come from Gabby Wilsons.

Normally, I would have brushed it off because I knew the truth-but Gabby was the one who originally pushed me into Anthony

Not to mention the one who had been oh-so desperately pleading for me to join the cheerleading team a week before.

I stalked up to her, watching with glee as her eyes widened with alarm.

Yes bitch, it's slaying time.

"Did you say something about being desperate, Gabby?"

I asked innocently, even adding a flutter of my eyelashes. She flicked her blonde bangs out of her eyes and regarded me confidently.

"I did. Why would the creep choose to be friends with you out of all people."

I ignored the sharp pang of her words and focused on the situation at hand-I couldn't let my feelings embarrass me now.

"His name is Anthony, he is not a creep, and last time I checked-you were the one desperately pleading for me to join your failure of a cheer team, Since you really wanted to talk about desperation."

I flicked her ponytail using my index finger with a mocking smile on my face. It swayed but her body remained still, she had nothing to say. Just the reaction I craved.

The hallway was silent, whether from me just owning Gabby-or from the arrival of the subject matter.

"Felicity." Anthony's husky voice drowned out the gossip formulating around us.

It was the first time he had said my name in a pleasant tone. As if knowing what I was thinking, his lips curved up just the tiniest bit.

"Buy me lunch"

Mesmerized by that almost-smile, It took me a moment to realize what he had just said.

Wait, what the fuck?

"Excuse me?" I glared at him, I almost felt like putting a hand on my hip but maybe that would be too sassy for him to handle.

"I said...buy me lunch niña."

Without waiting for a response (as per fucking usual) he strolled away, well he would have but I charged through the crowd and after him.

Clearly Anthony didn't know how to be a friend, and neither did I-so what do you get when you put two people who don't know how a friendship works together?

An awkward friendship.

"What do you mean buy you lunch, I barely have enough money for myself- are you insane? Look dude, even though I don't know much about friendship I know I'm not supposed to be your meal ticket-"

"What do you want?" Anthony asked gruffly, interrupting me.

Wait what?

Again, I was confused.

We were first in the lunch line, and Anthony was asking me what I wanted, with a 20 dollar bill in his hand.

"What do you mean, I thought I was paying?"

My voice sounded shrill and nervous for no apparent reason.

Having friends was hard.

"I said that just to rearrange the rumors. They think I'm blackmailing you now."