21. first impressions are depressing

I had thought Anthony was intimidating, but his father was completely out of the ballpark.

His eyes were dark with speculation as he looked from me to Klaus, and although he had a head of Salt N' Pepper hair, it did nothing to deter the blatant attractiveness about him.

Not even going to front, Anthony's dad was hot.

Then there was Anthony, asleep in his bed with that furrowed brow. As if he couldn't escape from his troubles even in slumber.

It made my heart ache.

"You are Anthony's friends?"

His accent was thick but understandable, my hands began to sweat under the gaze of Anthony's father.

"I'm your son's friend, Felicity--and this is my brother, he's the one who drove Anthony to the hospital."

Of course my voice was filled with all types of timidness, it was clear that I was a nervous wreck.

"I am Enrico, and thank you both very much for helping my son."

His eyes softened into a melty brown, and I flushed under his gaze.

"Oh it was noth--"

"Papá" Anthony's voice sounded from the bed.

All three of our heads whipped towards him. Well, mine was a whip, Mr. Locking's was more of a casual turn, and Klaus' was just a half turn.

"Can you please tell Felicity to stop cheating on me as she looks into your eyes."

My face was on fire.

Even after just waking up he had jokes.

Mr. Locking chuckled, sending me a wink and I mentally scolded myself again for being attracted to Anthony's dad.

He was just reaaaally nice to look at.

"Como estas?"

Mr. Locking said to Anthony, and Anthony shrugged. "I'm good. Just got my drink spiked, turns out I should stay away from Vodka."

Anthony's dad sighed and rubbed a hand through his hair. "You will be the death of me."

I should have known Anthony wouldn't tell his father the truth. Especially not in front of Klaus and I, and since he was legally an adult, the doctor wasn't really authorized to disclose that information unless Anthony gave the go-ahead.

"Is the little one your girlfriend?"

Anthony's dad questioned.

The little one?

I guess this was where Anthony got it from, calling anyone shorter than him little.

Meanwhile, Klaus was loudly munching on a Snickers bar in the corner next to me-- but when he heard the word girlfriend, his head snapped up.

"Felicity isn't allowed to have a boyfriend until she is of the appropriate age." Was his gruff statement.

And again, I could feel my neck growing hot with embarrassment.

How dare he...

"I definitely agree, niñas shouldn't date."

Anthony said, the smugness in his voice was beginning to piss me off. Well, of course he didn't see me in a romantic way, but there was no need to always make me feel like a child.