26. truth

26. truth

"Sleepover?"

We were in the parking lot of McDonald's. I was throughly enjoying a Ranch BLT Sandwich, and Anthony was digging into-- You guessed it.

A salad.

At my question he did that eyebrow arch thing.

"At my place?"

"Yes, I want to sleepover. It's what friends do."

Secretly, I also wanted some insight on his life since he knew mostly everything about mine.

Mostly..

Anthony smiled, "niña, only little girls do sleepovers. I'm not a girl, and I'm definitely not little."

I smiled sweetly back at him

"A pussy is close enough."

His smile widened "You sure you wanna talk to me like that cutie?"

I felt my face get hot from the word 'cutie' but other than that, I kept my composure.

"Don't get fought Ant."

He fake growled and reached over the console, after unhooking his seatbelt in one movement.

"I'm s-sorry."

I half-giggled, that is until he started tickling me-- and then Elmo came out of me.

His hands moved rapidly, touching that exact spot that provoked the most laughter.

"Ssssstopppp, I seriously can't--"

I tried pushing his hands away but I had no coordination as my body writhed around from his tickling.

Anthony was really good with his fingers.

"Oxygen!" I snorted, desperately trying to somehow unlock the car door and exit

I caught a glimpse of a red-faced Anthony as he laughed just as hard as me, his eyes were crinkling , his black hair falling in them, and his mouth was open showing off his perfect set of teeth.

I concluded that he had braces sometime in his life because those joints were spectacular.

Finally I managed to get the door open but I flew out of the car and on my ass.

"You're not even cute anymore." I mumbled as I got up off the concrete.

Meanwhile, Anthony was having a blast, laughing by himself-- and snorting.

I couldn't stop myself from smiling at his hunched over figure. Anthony laughed, but he rarely died laughing-- but when he did I always got that same feeling of elation.

It felt like I had accomplished something.

"Get back in the car niña, or we're not having a sleepover."

I jumped back in the car, grinning happily as I sipped my iced tea.

Approximately five minutes later, Anthony casually took my sweet tea and began sipping from it as he drove.

I stared at him for a moment, waiting for an explanation.

"Sharing drinks is what friends do, right?"

He bit my straw.

•••