38. blurt with me

"'Cause I'm not your fucking bestfriend. I been sitting on this bench too long--"

- Ravaughn, Bestfriend

38. blurt with me 

Time passes by before you know it, and before I knew it - prom was already here.

Prom is almost every girl's dream. To be the Cinderella in a room full of Drizellas, the diamond in a cluster of dusty rubies, the Anthony in a sea full of Felicitys.

You get the gist.

Unfortunately for me, I wasn't much of a dreamer. Reality was that prom would turn out to be just as much of a disaster as The Music Festival had been- if not worse. My schoolmates had already proven just how far they were willing to go to completely alienate me- and no way would I destroy the idea of prom by going.

In a sort of twisted way, I guess I was still considered as a dreamer. I wanted to keep my senior prom as it was in my mind. In my mind I'd dance the night away with my imaginary friends, and at the end Anthony would pull me in for the last dance to Ed Sheeran's slow and steady beat of Kiss Me.

And he'd kiss me.

In reality, I'd most likely go to this shindig, and no matter how glammed up I looked- even if I came looking like I had stepped right off of a magazine cover- they'd still have something negative or crude to say.

That's the thing about people- the guys would just make comments about wanting to take me to the bathroom next even more, and the girls would just grow even cattier.

Reality was shit.

So to save my own night, I decided I wasn't going to go-- and of course Anthony was all for it. His opinion was that prom was for p*ssies who wanted to dance under a discoball.

I reminded him that he was indeed a p*ssy and so therefore it was almost mandatory that he attended. "If I go, you go." Was his reply, and just like that- I dropped the entire subject.

Still my cheeks had heated up at the thought of showing up next to Anthony.

I had suddenly grown the urge to go- but I couldn't.

Instead, Ansley and I decided that since we weren't going to prom, which happened to be directly on my birthday this year- we'd throw our party at her house and dress like we were going to prom.

It wasn't the same, but it was enough to have me excited.

Currently, we were shopping at 10am- not the actual name of a store but the time.

10am sounds pretty dope for a store name though, they could sell bathrobes and stuff because at 10am people usually wake up on the weekends.

It could be like a hangover store!

Bathrobes and aspirin, the moneymaker.

Then again, this was the very reason why I was in no way an entrepreneur.

Moving on-

There was however, one fairytale aspect I still believed in, and that was-

The dress.

No matter what anyone says, there will always be that one dress that'll make your heart race and you'll ache to just try it on. Now, I wasn't really big on dresses- but even I wanted to find a real showstopper.