42. a graduation worth remembrance

Anthony's POV (still)

I didn't give it a second thought. The moment he threatened Felicity's wellbeing, I was already nodding my head yes.

I could either be a dumbass and still decline, knowing that he had a lot more social influence than me and could easily cover his tracks if Felicity went missing- or I could think rationally and play it safe.

Well, safe for Felicity- risky for me.

I was one of Phantom's best racers, which everyone was aware of- including Tyrant. I knew he was itching to knock me down a peg or have me hospitalized at least, even if I ended up winning, he was that kind of guy.

Only once had I lost, and that had been up against the cauliflower. If it happened again tonight, I didn't care. As long as I escaped from the race without having to take another trip to the hospital.

Tyrant was one of the reasons why racing like this was illegal.

He had no regard for rules, when he raced- he took over the entire road and rammed anyone out of the way if it looked like they were picking up speed.

His name fit his character perfectly.

Tyrant of the road.

He was around the same height as me, with a bald head and the eyes of a predator. He had a way of sizing up his competitors like a lion sizes up a zebra before leaping onto it.

With me however, I had no problem with maintaining eye contact with the bastard.

If you had to ram someone with your car just to win, you weren't a real racer.

You were just a fugazi.

Keeping that in mind, I couldn't help but to smirk at his pathetic confidence. Anyone could ram a car, but how many could beat me- without cheating- in a race.

It wasn't cheating if there were no rules though, which was something that Tyrant picked up on. He nodded at me, I nodded back just for the sake of...

Who f*cking knows.

As soon as I got into my car, I took the liberty of revving the engine--

As usual, the crowd went ballistic.

Then it was Tyrant's turn to open the roof to his car and stand up like he was a king or something. The crowd went wild again.

Most people didn't study the dynamics of racing, they simply totaled who had wins and who had losses. Tyrant always won, playing dirty or not- he was his name. He ruled by force.

Enough explaining about Tyrant though, I was ready to get this whole thing out of the way.

Cindy did the countdown as usual, and when Luigi yelled go- we were off.

I let him take the lead, slightly lagging behind as I thought of a plan to somehow survive this race. I knew Tyrant had some tricks up his sleeve, I just wasn't sure of what to expect.

What I did expect however, was for him to slow down once he realized that I wasn't on his tail.

Which he did.

I couldn't come to a complete stop, so I simply cruised next to him. A cat-like grin was on his face when I looked over, and right when we were turning the first bend he slammed his car against the side of mine.